Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class AA Playoffs Mayfield vs Owensboro Catholic

Who wins 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

    • Mayfield
      80%
    • Owensboro Catholic
      19%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

They are equal seeds, both #1 from their districts and this is the year that the host is the Eastern most. Being this far West, in even years we travel. In odd years we host

 

A-ha! I've never come across that because we're the #2 seed every year because CAL beats us but then we beat the other #1. I need more coffee before I start trying to think!!!

  • Replies 139
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mayfield District 1

Catholic District 2

 

Even year Catholic hosts Region

 

The winner of Region 1 (Mayfield/Catholic) plays winner of Region 2 (CAL/ DeSales)

 

Even year Region 2 will host Semi State

 

I know it confuses people but this is how the playoff homefield is determined.

Odd/even district/year system is much better system than doing coin flips when two #1s meet.

On to the thinking on this one. To me this is where the playoffs start as this is really the first game we have played where the opponent is actually capable of winning. I like what I what I see with these Cards, like their focus, their talent and their football IQ. This is the best Cards offense I think MF has ever had loaded at RB, QB, and go several deep at receiver. The defense gets bashed by many but in reality it is one of the best in AA. I will never say we are a shoe in but I think it will take MF mistakes coupled with a flawless OC effort for OC to win and I don't see that happening. I will take the Cards by 3 TD's and feel pretty confident in saying that.

 

 

I would love to hear my OC buddy Rambo4343 take on this one

 

Covey Leader to Raven...

This is Colonel Trautman. Talk to me, Johnny

I would like to watch some video of OC first before jumping into a prediction, but I always like the faster team playing on turf. No doubt who has the most team speed here.

On to the thinking on this one. To me this is where the playoffs start as this is really the first game we have played where the opponent is actually capable of winning. I like what I what I see with these Cards, like their focus, their talent and their football IQ. This is the best Cards offense I think MF has ever had loaded at RB, QB, and go several deep at receiver. The defense gets bashed by many but in reality it is one of the best in AA. I will never say we are a shoe in but I think it will take MF mistakes coupled with a flawless OC effort for OC to win and I don't see that happening. I will take the Cards by 3 TD's and feel pretty confident in saying that.

 

 

I would love to hear my OC buddy Rambo4343 take on this one

 

Covey Leader to Raven...

This is Colonel Trautman. Talk to me, Johnny

 

"They drew first blood"

 

There's no doubt it's going to take Catholic to play their best game, but if I remember last year people thought MF was going to route OC. It was 10-7 or 14-7 going into 4th qtr.

 

Again OC will have to play their best game, no doubt, but MF is not going to get take this game easily. It will be like last year. And to the victor goes the spoil.

 

 

Long bus ride to Owensboro.

Edited by Rambo4343

This should be a tuff game, it was last year as well. Mayfield is rolling on offense, going to be hard to stop all their weapons.

Mayfield is loaded with a full arsenal of weapons at QB, RB, and WR. Last night, watching Butler County’s backs continually stuffed at the line of scrimmage and King Rex scramble for his life, I was reminded that a good offensive line is the engine that makes the shiny wheels turn. I would begin my list of reasons why MF gets the win over OCath with these five really good ones:

Bull Necks.jpg

On to the thinking on this one. To me this is where the playoffs start as this is really the first game we have played where the opponent is actually capable of winning. I like what I what I see with these Cards, like their focus, their talent and their football IQ. This is the best Cards offense I think MF has ever had loaded at RB, QB, and go several deep at receiver. The defense gets bashed by many but in reality it is one of the best in AA. I will never say we are a shoe in but I think it will take MF mistakes coupled with a flawless OC effort for OC to win and I don't see that happening. I will take the Cards by 3 TD's and feel pretty confident in saying that.

 

 

I would love to hear my OC buddy Rambo4343 take on this one

 

Covey Leader to Raven...

This is Colonel Trautman. Talk to me, Johnny

 

How do you think Mayfield's defense stacks up to last year's defense?

Mayfield's 2016 Defense is playing 3 sophomores 1 senior and 2 juniors on the DL. They have all 4 LB's back with several kids at DB's that can rotate. 2016 is the fastest Mayfield Defense i seen in several years.

Looked back at some scores. Did Mayfield get a running clock before half against Murray? Catholic did with 7 minutes to go in the half.

Looked back at some scores. Did Mayfield get a running clock before half against Murray? Catholic did with 7 minutes to go in the half. Catholic's starters played 1 series in second half. Murray Td's were against freshmen and JV.

Mayfield's 2016 Defense is playing 3 sophomores 1 senior and 2 juniors on the DL. They have all 4 LB's back with several kids at DB's that can rotate. 2016 is the fastest Mayfield Defense i seen in several years.

 

I agree, I think it's the deepest we've been on defense in as long as I can remember. I think mayfield just tends to get comfortable/bored after semi big leads. Which leads to teams coming back and making it a game. We controlled the paducah/McCracken/Corbin games and they just got complacent at times which in essence led to comebacks.

Looked back at some scores. Did Mayfield get a running clock before half against Murray? Catholic did with 7 minutes to go in the half. Catholic's starters played 1 series in second half. Murray Td's were against freshmen and JV.

I don't know if they did.

 

Did Butler score 28 on OC?

If you wanna do some score comparing.

I don't know if they did.

 

Did Butler score 28 on OC?

If you wanna do some score comparing.

 

Yes. They would not of scored against OC now. OC was playing young DL at that point. They are using some of their OL and a converted LB at DE now. It helped OC out a lot.

 

Any other scores?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.