Class AA Playoffs Mayfield vs Owensboro Catholic

Cardinals44

Who wins  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Rambo, I think OBC is a very good team and if turnovers and penalties favor them, they can make it a close game, but, if all things are relatively even, this is how I see it going down. No disrespect meant, just a lot of confidence in what this Cardinal team can do..

I think the score predictions were the same as last year and it was close (14-7) up til about 8 minutes to go in the game when as usual Mayfield worked their magic. The final was

24-13. I think it's going to be a great game. No disrespect to the Mayfield faithful. You guys are great fans and loyal to your team as we are at OC.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't hear me say anything like this last year and the Cardinals were at home. This years team is much, much better than last years unit, if by nothing else, by experience. But, the real difference is offensively.. Last year, if you could cover Kennemore, you could stop them.. Many more weapons this year and a more experienced line.. That score I projected was being generous..

I think the score predictions were the same as last year and it was close (14-7) up til about 8 minutes to go in the game when as usual Mayfield worked their magic. The final was

24-13. I think it's going to be a great game. No disrespect to the Mayfield faithful. You guys are great fans and loyal to your team as we are at OC.

I think that is gonna hurt OC. The Big Red Memory is in effect and the boys will be dialed in. That, in my opinion, is our only real weakness, a tendency to relax every once in a while.

Let's give OC two touchdowns and then a third for what I expect will be an inspired effort by them. That's 21 points. It won't be enough. Mayfield 42 to 21.

GO BIG RED!

MF has the kind of offense this year that makes teams feel like they need 'to keep up'. Start taking chances or pressing and your just playing into their hands. I agree with earlier post that the best strategy for OCath would be to grind it out and eat clock, but I just don't see them being built for that. Not enough o-line up front to run and too much speed on MF's defense to play dink and dunk. Film can be a funny thing and mislead you at times, but to my eyes, I'm seeing a major disparity in speed all over the field between these teams. I'll take MF 35-14, reserving my right to update my prediction subject to the weather forecast.

Big red diesel. Oc is not as fast as last year, no real deep threat. As long as off coord can not get to antsy this team is built for 7-12 yard completions and 4-5 yards a carry. Been living on this kind of drives all year followed by a few big shots here and there. If the mayfield corners are very fast OC may have a hard time creating any separation which can make it tough. OC has maybe 2-3 kids under a 4.8 40 and that may be generous. But they do have kids with big hearts and no quit. Hopefully OC has a few tricks up their sleeves and the young bucks rise up. I bet we have this conversation all week. That's what makes good high school football so fun! Plus I appreciate nobody on here slamming anyone. Nice adult back and forth. Nice job guys!

I just do not see a single major area that favors OC. Advantage Cards offense, defense and coaching. I will be shocked if its not atleast a 21 point win and think a larger margin is very possible. I think this is the best offense MF has ever had and the defense is on par with last year

No disrespect to OC at all because I think they have a fine ball club but the only team imo that is gonna beat Mayfield is Mayfield. We are playing really good sound football right now. I will agree with toothpick. This is one the best offenses I have seen at Mayfield. Defense is pretty darn stout as well. Arnett our QB is throwing the ball the best he ever has at this point and boy is he poised!!!! Like another poster mentioned, our 3 WR'S are playmakers and now with a healthy Bright back in the backfield we are jus gonna be a tough out.

Don't get me wrong, upsets happen all the time in football but this Mayfield football team is fine tuned right now. Mayfield by 21+

Just watched about 2 quarters of OC and Mayfield will have to implode... turnovers, major penalties and fall for a few OC trick plays not to win this game. I was impressed by Vonn Williams coming out of the backfield. He will be a great one before he graduates from there. I just don't see him finding lanes to run through against Mayfield. Just hope the rain stays away until this one is over. 42-22 Mayfield

Just watched about 2 quarters of OC and Mayfield will have to implode... turnovers' date=' major penalties and fall for a few OC trick plays not to win this game. I was impressed by Vonn Williams coming out of the backfield. He will be a great one before he graduates from there. I just don't see him finding lanes to run through against Mayfield. Just hope the rain stays away until this one is over. 42-22 Mayfield[/quote']

If it rains...advantage OC.