Erlanger Classic 2016

kyag

I'm hearing Bessler will probably stay at St. Henry. Not sure about Vieth as he is a football player too and a very good one from what I hear. The only football at St. Henry is not the one Vieth excels in...though they would probably take him! I'm sure Wyatt's dad would like for him to follow in his footsteps in put on a red uniform over a blue.

The Woodland news surprised me the most. They have some nice players moving up to freshman.

Still waiting on your post about Holy Cross Pete in the High School thread. I haven't heard much about the freshman group who are now sophomores, they should be a big help to the Indians.

Edited by kyag
worded sentence wrong

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing Bessler will probably stay at St. Henry. Not sure about Vieth as he is a football player too and a very good one from what I hear. The only football at St. Henry is not the one Vieth excels in...though they would probably take him! I'm sure Wyatt's dad would like for him to follow in his footsteps in put on a red uniform over a blue.

Pretty sure that Vieth's grandfather went to CovCath...

Ayden Link at Pius 6th grader is a baller. lefty who can attack or pull up. Big motor, quick fast and is not afraid to mix it up.They lost a pg to injury but will have him back in January. Pius is big and athletic. They haven't played much together but by February will be a team to watch.

Hey AG

Who do you have as best 6th/7th/8th teams and players? Did Highlands 8th win it last year as 7th graders?

Tough to keep up ... only so many games a person can get to ...

I would expect the Camp Ernst 7th grade team to contend again by the end of the season. Peyton Feldhaus broke a bone in his finger and will be out for a while so that will hurt them early. Kid can really play. They have some guards that, while small, can shoot and handle the ball.

Twenhofel has a talented kid named Andrew Smith. Skilled. Looks like he is going to be long by high school.

Now with the Erlanger Classic behind us. I was curious who and what teams stood out at each of the grade levels?

I watched several 6&7th grade games and was very impressed with the overall talent!

For 8th grade Conner won both of theirs over Ockerman and IHM. IHM was missing Bessler and Conner was missing Workman. They play again in two weeks at Conner...should be a great game. If all the rumors are true with a number of 8th graders playing up, Conner and IHM should be right at the top this year.

Today at Williamstown Conner scored a total of 150 points in two games. The starters played maybe 3 quarters of both games combined. The bench came in and played well, lots of kids scoring. The kids from Sharp and Owen Co played well, but Conner was too deep for them to keep up.

Hearing that Conner 6th took care of business today in Erlanger winning the first game by 30+ and double digits again in the second game.

What is the name of the kid for Newport 6th grade that is like 6' tall? #23

FWIW---Bessler's mom is a biology teacher at St Henry. Vieth's aunt is a St Henry English teacher.

Beechwood 8th beat Holmes & Highlands in the Erlanger Classic today. They also played in the St. Henry Tournament and beat St. Thomas More from Cincy by 15 or so...

I know Beechwood 8th is good - is Draud playing 8th this year, and did he play in this tournament? - but that class at Highlands was, 2 years ago, the best class to come through in a long time. Anyone know the makeup of the Highlands 8th team? Heard a few of them may be playing up. Hergott, Vinson, Buten, Rom play in this? And are they allowing Barth to play up? Either way, great win for Beechwood, and no disrespect intended to either school, I just wanted to get a feel for the makeup of the teams.