LVGambla32

Bracken County/Bishop Brossart Predictions  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Bracken County/Bishop Brossart Predictions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't take long for this one to roll out.

Mustangs host Bracken County next Friday night at Bob Miller Stadium in a key district seeding battle.

Bracken County is coming off of a district win over Paris. Brossart has sustained a loss to Nicholas County. The BB-Bracken County game will position the winner to be the District runner-up, hosting a playoff game. Paris and Brossart are yet to play, as are Nicholas County and Bracken County.

IF and when the Mustangs would put 48 good minutes of football together we will be a formidable opponent to any comparable football program. We have had lapses which have come back to haunt us.

IMO the Polar Bears will have to bring a super-human effort to Alexandria next Friday night to beat the Mustangs on home turf. IF they are capable of getting that job done, we will accept our fate and move on. While the Polar Bears are obviously much improved, I think the Mustangs will be a major hurdle.

Hope Bracken realizes that the Paris victory means nothing if they don't take care of business in Alexandria Friday night. That being said, I think Coach Sizemore will more than have them ready for this one. One thing that stands out in some of the early district games is that no one plays defense. Bracken can more so control the game with their rushing attack and have to key in on Keller. Watch Nicholas County second half tape against BB.

Bracken County 38

Bishop Brossart 34

Would almost bet that this is Brossart's homecoming game hoping for a scheduled easy victory like Paris was, hoping results are the same.

Is this game going to be at Campbell High School?

Having seen both teams, I believe both are going to be defensively challenged. BC may be able to completely shutdown Brossart's run game. BC's defense must not allow Kellar(sp?) to have enough time to set his feet. He throws a nice ball when he has time and has an elite receiver in Bryce Donnelly. Bracken simply cannot cover Donnelly one on one and he will get separation. On the otherhand, Kellar made a few mistakes against Ludlow when pressured. IMO Bishop Brossart cannot combat BC's smashmouth run game and as others mentioned this will keep the ball out of Kellar/Connelly's hands.

I pick BC in a seesaw game with both teams in the 30s.

Will be another big game for BC. The Polar Bears have some things on defense to sure up, but from what I saw at Paris this team doesn't get rattled when the chips are down they seem to find a way to rally the troops and make plays when it matters.

I'd like to see them open up the passing game a little more to compliment their stellar run game. If they can get to the point where defenses can't key on the run Bracken will be a very strong team come playoff time.

As for next Friday night I don't think Brossart has the speed the Polar Bears saw against Paris or Harlan and the took those teams best punch and prevailed. They will need to control the game with their ground and pound style while in the other side of the ball they will have to get good coverage on the BB passing attack and get to the QB.

I see my beloved Polar Bears improving to 6-1 and setting up a showdown with Nicholas for the district title a few weeks down the road.

Bracken 35

Brossat 24

PolarBear98, I sure hope the end result is as you project. But, Donnelly is the real deal, and he will be far superior to anything Harlan had to offer. Did not see Paris so I cannot compare. The Bears pressure has got to contain Kellar from setting his feet. If accomplished Bears win. If not, could be a shootout.

Having seen both teams, I believe both are going to be defensively challenged. BC may be able to completely shutdown Brossart's run game. BC's defense must not allow Kellar(sp?) to have enough time to set his feet. He throws a nice ball when he has time and has an elite receiver in Bryce Donnelly. Bracken simply cannot cover Donnelly one on one and he will get separation. On the otherhand, Kellar made a few mistakes against Ludlow when pressured. IMO Bishop Brossart cannot combat BC's smashmouth run game and as others mentioned this will keep the ball out of Kellar/Connelly's hands.

I pick BC in a seesaw game with both teams in the 30s.

I think Nick Parker will do just fine covering him.

I think Nick Parker will do just fine covering him.

I like Parker, nice speed, gives max effort. But 5'9" doesn't cover 6'2" when you are one step slower, 30 ponds lighter and going against a superb route runner. Just a different league. But, if line keeps Kellar's feet from setting there will be some balls in play for the defense.

All I was trying to say is a little more passing mixed in would make the team multi dimensional. Our calling card is the ground and pound and we are damn good at it. We got a QB that is more than capable of completing passed and some good receivers. Just a thought from a fan. I am 100 percent behind the coaching staff Seizmore is doing a great job and all the time he puts in as well as all the coaches is paying off