Pet Peeves- What are Yours?

Science Friction

Maybe you should add a little more pizzazz to your lectures! :banana:

I knew that was coming. And you're probably right !!! :)

At these teacher conferences, they keep telling us to give up lecturing, that students don't respond well to that approach anymore. I've tried to do less lecturing and incorporate some engaging activities into class but there's only so much of that I can do. When you have to get through three or four hundred pages of calculus material in 15 weeks, some lecture just can't be avoided. It's tricky to find that perfect balance, especially in a technical subject like calculus.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest to goodness, if I was to answer this question my post would look like a month of @B-Ball-fan posts rolled into one.

I wouldnt subject anyone to that.

If you think that your post would look like a month of my posts, what do you think my post on this topic would look like if I let loose? :eek:

Good God I don't even want to get started. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

My kids call me the grammar Nazi because this drives me NUTS! The worst offenses:

It don't....

Ain't

We wasn't....

And my biggest. ME IS NOT THE SUBJECT OF A SENTENCE! I hear this more and more from the younger generation.

I'm with you on 2 of 3. I know it hurts, but "ain't" has been an accepted part of the lexicon for decades and has been in the dictionary as a legit word for nearly that long.

I'm with you on 2 of 3. I know it hurts, but "ain't" has been an accepted part of the lexicon for decades and has been in the dictionary as a legit word for nearly that long.[/quote

Perhaps, but it is a word you do not hear from those who use proper grammar. I bet old Daniel Webster is not happy about it!

I'm with you on 2 of 3. I know it hurts, but "ain't" has been an accepted part of the lexicon for decades and has been in the dictionary as a legit word for nearly that long.

Perhaps, but it is a word you do not hear from those who use proper grammar. I bet old Daniel Webster is not happy about it!

Guessing he wouldn't care for YOLO being considered a word either. :lol2: