September 12, 201610 yr This game is one of the reasons that I don't bet. Would have lost a lot of money on this one and now out of our Eliminator Challenge.
September 12, 201610 yr This game is one of the reasons that I don't bet. Would have lost a lot of money on this one and now out of our Eliminator Challenge. Yes and no. If you're betting the money line, sure. But, I mean the line was Arizona -9.5. Would you have really picked them to cover that spread?
September 12, 201610 yr Bengals and Pats both benefit from poor special team play. Shows just how important that minutia really is. Only thing I'll say about the Pats, I think Hoodie was channeling his inner Mike Tomlin with his clock management at the end of the game.:lol2:
September 12, 201610 yr ...and I thought Jimmy G was very solid. He could be a steady starter in the league, and I wonder if they'll parlay that into picks, if that's even plausible at season's end.
September 12, 201610 yr Yes and no. If you're betting the money line, sure. But, I mean the line was Arizona -9.5. Would you have really picked them to cover that spread? I was just talking straight up. Had no clue what the line was on it.
September 12, 201610 yr He played a great game. I'm curious to see how he does once he has Gronk too. I'm also interested in what Belicheck does if the Pat's are undefeated and Jimmy is playing great. He has shown he has no problem getting rid of veterans who have won them a lot of games. Would he dare sit Brady for Jimmy? Probably not but I wouldn't put it past him either if the Pat's are undefeated and he is playing great. There is a slimmer than 0% chance Jimmy G plays week 5-17 barring a Brady injury. When someone asked Belichick in the preseason about the possibility, he rolled his eyes, evoked Jesus' name, and basically called the reporter an idiot for asking such an insane question.
September 12, 201610 yr Jimmy G with a very solid performance last night. However, I find any talk of him replacing Brady in a month laughable. Here's the thing, for me, with rookie QB's...it's not necessarily start #1 to look at, it's the next game. He's had all of training camp to get ready for the Cardinals. Preparation-wise, I think the Cardinals would've probably preferred Brady being the starter last night, because they already know more about him. With Jimmy G, they had no idea how New England was going to use him. But now....there's something on tape. And, on the flip side, he's only got one week to prep for the Dolphins. The good news for him is that they'll be at home the next 3 games and he'll likely get Gronk back as a target.
September 12, 201610 yr When someone asked Belichick in the preseason about the possibility, he rolled his eyes, evoked Jesus' name, and basically called the reporter an idiot for asking such an insane question. As he should have.
September 12, 201610 yr Author Yes and no. If you're betting the money line, sure. But, I mean the line was Arizona -9.5. Would you have really picked them to cover that spread? No.
September 16, 201610 yr Thought this was funny... [ATTACH=CONFIG]57954[/ATTACH] In all fairness Goodell probably helped save the reputation of the Pat's after the Spygate. The fact that the league had all evidence destroyed showed that the Pat's were even deeper into things than anything any of us even heard about. I would say if all that evidence did get released it would have killed the integrity of the game and completely ruin the rep of one of the best coaches of all time. I think the league and Goodell new that what they saw could never be seen and why it was destroyed. So while Goodell has been Gung ho on the deflate gate thing, it is probably because of how he probably helped the Pat's rep by destroying all evidence right then. So made him quite mad the Pat's would have another thing come up that effects the integrity of the game and this time had to please the other owners by truly going after them. (Sorry pretty boring day, so had to find something to discuss lol)
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.