Mayfield 46 McCracken County 41

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During his post game interview on local radio, McCracken County head coach Shawn Jackson said "Congratulations to Mayfield. We got outplayed, outhustled, outcoached, and outMayfielded."

Off to bed here, heading to the Grove early !!!! Hotty Toddy!!!

Did the decision to go for it on that 4th down come up on the radio show? I would love to hear his explanation why you don't punt in that situation.

You must be a young one. Or have lived under a rock for a lot of years. In the 70's 80's & 90's Heath was a solid program. Throw in a state championship in 86 & you say Heath was a weak program. If you look into it most parents sent their kids to lone oak when the idea of consolidation came up. Get your facts straight before you make an absurd comment like that. During my time at Heath in the mid & late 80's we were contenders every year.

Coach said one of the reasons he went for it on 4th down late was that his punter (also a starting linebacker) was hurt and the backup almost got his kick blocked. I heard besides the linebacker, McCracken lost its starting center during the game. Hope both, as well as Bright, are OK.

You must be a young one. Or have lived under a rock for a lot of years. In the 70's 80's & 90's Heath was a solid program. Throw in a state championship in 86 & you say Heath was a weak program. If you look into it most parents sent their kids to lone oak when the idea of consolidation came up. Get your facts straight before you make an absurd comment like that. During my time at Heath in the mid & late 80's we were contenders every year.

Not sure that changes what he said. Heath was really good... before the lifetimes of anyone on this day's roster.

Great work, Cards!

Guess you missed the "last 25 years" :lol2:

My goodness!! Sticking that chest out real good this morning!! I'll take that bet! :lol2:

No, not at all. Anyone that has read my posts over the last few years knows that's not something I do much. If I do, it's more than likely in response to some other persons prior posts. We played entire 2nd half with our MVP out of the game. Mayfield was clearly the better team, just a fact.