Mayfield 46 McCracken County 41

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter how many you got on the sideline, you can only put 11 on the field at a time and MF's 11 was consistently better than MC's 11.

And let's not pretend any of the County Schools were consistently anything more than below average. Reidland was probably one of the 10 worst programs in the state over their last 25 years, Heath wasn't much better. The past 4 years have basically been Mayfield vs Lone Oak. McCracken is a 4A team with a 6A enrollment.

Good win for Mayfield regardless in what is turning into a nice rivalry. Mayfield should have no problems winning 2A. Matter of fact, if any team in 2A stays within 3 TDs, I'll be surprised.

GO BIG RED!

Great effort by the kids.

Toward the end of the game, Trajon's arm was not in the sling, so I take that as a good sign.

Thank you MC coaching staff for the go-for-it on fourth down decision.

8 minutes to go, down by 12, on your own 10 yd line, 4th and 11. What do you do?

If your MC you go for it., then you throw it out of bounds.

As Mayfield fan said.....Thank You

For Mayfield some big question marks were answered for me anyway. I had serious concerns with the stability of the O line, check that as answered.

I knew the Cards receivers were talented but at times they had not seemed to be consistent, now that is checked off the list as well.

The Cards secondary was a concern, now checked off.

The D line seemed at times to be not there yet, also checked off.

Special teams also preformed admirably, check that one for me as well.

Overall, I thought we answered all the questionable areas tonight and even hung tough without Trajon

Great job by a Cards team tonight that going in looked to be outmanned. One thing I appreciate about my boys is that toughness, never quit attitude. Tonight against a much larger foe, a foe that didn't go both ways we answered the bell.

Great game Cardinals!!! I thought there was a couple of times we had a chance to put them away but MC kept fighting back. We beat a solid ball club tonight and especially when Bright went out midways through the 2nd qtr. I DIDNOT want that game to go into overtime. It was a very hot and muggy night and we were gassed bad.

There were a TON of flags thrown tonight and I mean a bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams had over 100 yds in penalties. Game didn't like much lasting 3 1/2 hrs.

Great view from the endzone. Mayfield QB had the time he needed. WRs made some great catches tonight. Ran the ball well enough to keep the defense honest. And their defense was solid most of the night.

MC didn't show up until second quarter. They started running the ball well, but seemed to get away from that later in the game. QB made some nice TD throws under pressure. They just couldn't get enough defensive stops to stay in it. And the 4th down call to go for it? I guess he was conceding the loss? They were down 12 with 8 minutes left. I wonder about him.

Mayfield has guts. They can take a knock in the teeth and come right back at you. Hopefully Bright won't miss much time. Kid is naaaasty. He had a pretty TD run in first quarter before going out.

For Mayfield some big question marks were answered for me anyway. I had serious concerns with the stability of the O line, check that as answered.

I knew the Cards receivers were talented but at times they had not seemed to be consistent, now that is checked off the list as well.

The Cards secondary was a concern, now checked off.

The D line seemed at times to be not there yet, also checked off.

Special teams also preformed admirably, check that one for me as well.

Overall, I thought we answered all the questionable areas tonight and even hung tough without Trajon

Great job by a Cards team tonight that going in looked to be outmanned. One thing I appreciate about my boys is that toughness, never quit attitude. Tonight against a much larger foe, a foe that didn't go both ways we answered the bell.

2-A is pretty good!