Mayfield 46 McCracken County 41

No, not at all. Anyone that has read my posts over the last few years knows that's not something I do much. If I do, it's more than likely in response to some other persons prior posts. We played entire 2nd half with our MVP out of the game. Mayfield was clearly the better team, just a fact.

Based on what I saw if Mayfield had Bright the whole game, I would take Mayfield every time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having a dog in the fight, I'd gladly take that 5 of 5 bet. As an unbiased fan, Mayfield looked very good. McCracken turned the ball over a few times, and drove easily into the red zone a couple of times early and for whatever reason went away from what was working. The officiating was terrible. The majority of Mayfields penalties came in the 4th quarter otherwise the yardage would look even more lopsided. The officials appeared out of shape and lazy. McCracken runs no huddle and they never could get in a rhythm, especially in the first quarter (which took 50 minutes to complete) because the officials kept stopping play for discussions, and penalties. McCracken outgained Mayfield in yardage and if you take the first quarter out of it, in points as well. You can't let Mayfield get ahead by 25 points and think you can come back. The biggest deciding factor was the field position in the first quarter.

We can what if injuries all we want, but both teams had them. It was a good game, so enjoy it. You can't be the underdog and the best team ever. Pick one lol

Not having a dog in the fight, I'd gladly take that 5 of 5 bet. As an unbiased fan, Mayfield looked very good. McCracken turned the ball over a few times, and drove easily into the red zone a couple of times early and for whatever reason went away from what was working. The officiating was terrible. The majority of Mayfields penalties came in the 4th quarter otherwise the yardage would look even more lopsided. The officials appeared out of shape and lazy. McCracken runs no huddle and they never could get in a rhythm, especially in the first quarter (which took 50 minutes to complete) because the officials kept stopping play for discussions, and penalties. McCracken outgained Mayfield in yardage and if you take the first quarter out of it, in points as well. You can't let Mayfield get ahead by 25 points and think you can come back. The biggest deciding factor was the field position in the first quarter.

We can what if injuries all we want, but both teams had them. It was a good game, so enjoy it. You can't be the underdog and the best team ever. Pick one lol

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

Mayfield was Mayfield. Plain & simple. Just as MC's coach said they were out played & out coached. You can't spot a team 25 points & expect to win. Especially a team as talented as Mayfield. Everyone including Mayfield's coach could see Mayfield was gassed. But Mayfield did what they had to do to get the W. You take away the 2 safeties on MC, we'd be looking at another OT again. Great game to see I hope all injuries are minimal & they'll be back by next week. MC will get blown out next week when they play Pulaski Academy. The team never punts or kicks off. All inside kicks. It's going to be nasty. Mayfield will roll into BG in Dec once again but I see them being 15-0 afterwards. As for McCracken being probably the weakest district in KY, they'll have to host one of the Louisville teams in the first round. Good luck to Mayfield & McCracken the rest of the season.

So many of these posts start out giving MF credit, but then they can't help sliding in a caveat or two. Well injury this or penalty that. Even better, if there hadn't been a 1st qtr... Enough already. MF is the better team and it's not nearly as close as you would want it to be.

Get back to breaking down the game film :lol2:

So many of these posts start out giving MF credit, but then they can't help sliding in a caveat or two. Well injury this or penalty that. Even better, if there hadn't been a 1st qtr... Enough already. MF is the better team and it's not nearly as close as you would want it to be.

Your fans have gotten their caveats in as well. You won by 5. So stop acting like it was a blowout.

Who's hating Taylor Swift lol. Only Mayfield fans can take a bunch of compliments as insults. Worse than UK basketball fans :lol2:

Doesn't sound like compliments to me when you list about 5 EXCUSES FOR McCraken Co.

Turned the ball over

Drove easily in the red zone and went away from what was working

Couldn't get into a rhythm

Outgained MHS in yardage

Bad field position

Penalties

I'm shaking my head trying to figure out how those are compliments.