Dark Knight Vs. Dark Knight Rises

GrantNKY

Which do you like better?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Dark Knight
    • Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight killed it. The tone of the movie and the realism of it all. Just amazing.

The Dark Knight Rises was an impossible movie to make with Ledger gone. No way it could live up to the hype. Bane was good but the overall movie plot and the crisscross plot holes doomed it.

Instant change from daylight to dark, batman being "broken in half" yet somehow makes his away across the world and back into Gotham, etc.

I enjoy DKR, but it's a mess. There are a lot of leaps I'm willing to make, but this movie asks you to make way too many.

I could go through some of it, but many of them are covered in this:

That's pretty funny. However 1. Are we really trying to shoot holes on a Batman movie and 2. You can do this with every single comic movie made.

IMO Bane was completely mis-cast...good actor but not physically imposing enough to play Bane.

My biggest issue with TDKR is that it is too long, they just try to do too much with it. I don't mind if a movie is long as long as it keeps movin forward, TDKR just seems to drag on at times. It does have a great ending, I loved it.

TDK, gets a little slow...but every scene with Bale and Ledger is great. I hate Dent/Two Face character, so I have to get passed that.

I like them both but I like TDK just a little bit better.

That's pretty funny. However 1. Are we really trying to shoot holes on a Batman movie and 2. You can do this with every single comic movie made.

I agree that most have plotholes, and I'm not serious about every one, but some are glaring. The idea that his back was just healed was a really hard pill to swallow. The armory thing - which was painstakingly mentioned as being off the books (so who would know and how?) - was another. There were a lot of little things that in the moment, you went along with. Then you looked back and thought, wait, what? I struggle to find those moments in the Dark Knight. I feel like in general that movie felt much more grounded. I'm not saying TKDR isn't a good movie. I quite enjoy it. But The Dark Knight is almost flawless.

I thought The Dark Knight was better and figured it would be hard to live up to after Ledger's passing. I thought that TDKR was still good considering what had to be done, but Dark Knight was significantly better IMO. I liked Hardy as Bane too, but far too much took place in TDKR for me.

I assumed Bane knew who Batman was because of something from the League of Shadows. Maybe from Talia herself.

I went back and looked up my thoughts from the original thread we had on here for the movie, and I have remarkably the same impression as I espoused here.

Just got in from watching it, and loved the movie. Outstanding movie. Just not quite as good as The Dark Knight. If this movie was an A+, you have to give The Dark Knight an A++. A lot of that is Heath Ledger's performance, and it's a shame we will never again be able to experience that. But I remember leaving that movie feeling that it was perfection. I still feel that way about it. This one has flaws. Most of them are cosmetic and just a quip here and there, but they're present. I almost feel bad for feeling that way. I really wanted to feel this was the best of the series.

8 years later, I continue to feel the same way. Dark Knight Rises is quite good; The Dark Knight is basically perfection.