Who's the new Scapegoat for UK football?

John Anthony

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky's had one good football team in my lifetime, in 1977 when Fran Curci's team lost 1 game and finished the season ranked number 6 in the nation. However, they were banned from a bowl due to NCAA violations. I'm not as knowledgeable about football as most on this site because my high school didn't have football and back in the early sixties when I first started watching games on our old black and white Zenith there weren't many games on the two channels we received. But I still watched or listened to the UK games and they lost back then and they're still losing. Oh, they've mustered up enough under a couple of coaches to go to a few minor bowl games, but that's about it.

I think any coach who would consider coming to Kentucky is committing coaching career suicide. UK just can't seem to get enough quality players, or have any kind of depth, to compete with the big programs. And now it appears they can't even compete with the little programs either. It's a broken record.

A friend of mine who is a FSU fan was ecstatic when he was hired away. I can't remember if that was you or a buddy of mine from around here.

It may have been both of us. I was very happy he wasn't at FSU anymore. The numbers didn't tell the truth. Everyone always said he was the DC of a great defense but I maintained that anyone who watched FSU play knew their defense wasn't all that great. I said it all of the time on here when he was hired.