South Alabama 21 Mississippi State 20

Randy Parker

Wouldn't Miss State be considered about the same type of team as UK? A team that could lose any game at any time no matter the opponent? Not upper tier of SEC.

So really this isn't much of an upset if at all?

I think that we've gotten to the point where any time an SEC team is beat by a team that's not in the top 25 and not in one of the power conferences it's viewed as an upset or accomplishment. Even if that SEC team wasn't heavily favored, the conference is just held at that high of a standard right now.

I think that we've gotten to the point where any time an SEC team is beat by a team that's not in the top 25 and not in one of the power conferences it's viewed as an upset or accomplishment. Even if that SEC team wasn't heavily favored, the conference is just held at that high of a standard right now.

Not by some on this site. But I get it, jabs are "thrown" whenever possible at certain conferences. I'm an SEC fan, but also a fan of ACC, Big 10, PAC 12, Big 12, AAC, Conference USA, Mountain West, etc., etc., I just like college football.