Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BG Purples future

Featured Replies

With the influx of talent coming to BG and the 2017-18 schedule making on the horizon will we see BG adopt a stronger schedule similar to one that Trinity had during the James Quick years? BG seems to be stacked for the next few years anyways. Just wondering others thoughts on beefing up their non-district schedule next year.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I'm ready for them to play an Ohio power. But if Tennessee talent will schedule the Purples, then have at it. I guess I'm just ready to see this program match up with a GCL team. I think it's time.

 

They will be frightening for the next 4 years.

Being a public high school, does finances hinder the amount or miles of travel?

Bet the players would love it but as mentioned, expenses have to be an obstacle.

#1 Ohio is probably not going to happen since they are 18 miles from the Tennessee border.

#2 the 17-18 schedule is already done for 99% of teams.

  • Author
#1 Ohio is probably not going to happen since they are 18 miles from the Tennessee border.

#2 the 17-18 schedule is already done for 99% of teams.

 

Dang. So in order for BG to beef up the schedule they would have to do so for the 19-20 season?

Dang. So in order for BG to beef up the schedule they would have to do so for the 19-20 season?

Yes. Beef up is a relative term. We are talking beef up to trinity level. Right now they consistently have a too 5-6 schedule in the state already.

  • Author
Yes. Beef up is a relative term. We are talking beef up to trinity level. Right now they consistently have a too 5-6 schedule in the state already.

 

I agree. I'm more or less being a mouthpiece for those wondering if BG will ever go for a more national type of schedule. Their schedule as is isn't a schedule most schools in KY would want to play.

#1 Ohio is probably not going to happen since they are 18 miles from the Tennessee border. #2 the 17-18 schedule is already done for 99% of teams.

 

They traveled 3 1/2 hours to play Chattanooga McCallie

 

They can travel 3 1/2 to Cincy to play a GCL power.

I think Coach Wallace is well aware of their schedule opportunities. Remember the Fant, Devin Hayes days - that year we had Blackman and McCallie and the likes. After those kids graduated we went back down to the normal schedule (still above average schedule). I think when this years sophomores are seniors we will see a couple of stud teams again.

 

One thing that folks are forgetting about is the Sophomore class offensive line. This years team has several starters back but the following two seasons our offensive line will be pretty dern good (and big!). Add Kenner and/or little Vito in the backfield those years and look out; the train keeps rolling!

They traveled 3 1/2 hours to play Chattanooga McCallie

 

They can travel 3 1/2 to Cincy to play a GCL power.

 

They traveled 1 hour 33 minutes to McCallie. They will not be going to Cincinnatti as I said before.

They traveled 1 hour 33 minutes to McCallie. They will not be going to Cincinnatti as I said before.
Not a chance. At all. Whoever your source is for that is just wrong. Completely
They traveled 1 hour 33 minutes to McCallie. They will not be going to Cincinnatti as I said before.

 

....

image-2103351354.jpg

They traveled 1 hour 33 minutes to McCallie. They will not be going to Cincinnatti as I said before.

 

 

1 hour 33 minutes is about how long it takes to go to Blackmon High School in Murfreesboro Tn. McCallie is in the heart of Chattanooga. Nicest high school I have ever seen. Looks more like a university than a high school. I could see us playing McCallie again.

Looks like i plugged in Murfreesboro

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.