Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Top 10 Players 2016/2017

Featured Replies

1. CVH 2. McNeil 3. Kunkle 4. Hall 5. CJ 6. Hemmerich 7. Meyer 8. Moeves 9. Jefferson 10. Traylor -Highlands

 

 

Q you need to come out of hibernation and see a few games. I have no problem with the first 7 and 10 will vault up the rankings but you may want to check with others after summer ball as you got better players in your own back yard. Jefferson is not ready for this endorsement.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand all this hype over Jefferson. Imo there r 4 other incoming freshman just as good. If the boy goes to cooper,cch and a few other schools in the 9th he don't even start or for that matter play much varsity as a freshman. There's atleast 6 other incoming freshman that would start at beechwood this year. There is way to much being put on this young man

What's with the criticism? Maybe I'm just trying to stir the pot a little. Relax folks. Lol

What's with the criticism? Maybe I'm just trying to stir the pot a little. Relax folks. Lol

That's the problem with stirring the pot your gonna hear good and bad.

Define talent. Meyer is a consistent jumpshot away from being in the top 5. As he can do things many others cannot. Athletically gifted player who defends rebounds and plays above the rim as a point guard. When you say gifted is that a shooter?

 

I wouldn't leave him wide open. He's not a guy I would say is a huge knockdown threat, but that part of his game is existent. But I would agree that consistency shooting is something he needs to improve on to move up the list.

Meyer is an incredible athlete and has been asked to carry the load for Dixie a time or 2. I agree with you that he is not the same caliber talent has some of these guys but the reason why he is mentioned so much is a combination between his athletic ability (and versatility as I think he is stellar at any sport he plays) and the fact he has been Dixie's MVP two years straight in my opinion.

 

I think that changes this year. I think when it's all said and done Reed Bradfield will be a name we talk about ALOT and between him and Meyer I see big things for Dixie as a strong possibility. But I expect Reed to put up some big numbers.

 

I think this year for Dixie their success/failure will be if Chevy pushes his players to get the ball inside. I've saw Bradfield play last weekend at the tournament in Cincy and he was unstoppable. He seemed to score at will. In the game before Bradfield's team on Saturday Meyer played and honestly he must have been off, which happens. He seemed to force drives when their wasn't a shot. Again, he may have just been off, but I still look for Bradfield to be the talk of Dixie if they can get him the ball.

If Hendrix doesn't play it will be a huge blow to Cooper. Kid can change the game without scoring a point (but has enough athleticism and skills to manufacture 6 -9 points/game). With him Cooper is my pick for state - without him they will still be very good but won't be as strong defensively.

 

I know he is also a fantastic football player - has there been any discussion he won't play basketball after the football season ends?

 

I don't know if Cooper can win State with or without him but I agree 100% with your assessment of everything else. He changes games with his defense which is why he was named 9th region defensive POY last season and he can certainly get 8-10pts/game.

 

The question of "if he plays" is valid and anyone's guess.

I really don't understand all this hype over Jefferson. Imo there r 4 other incoming freshman just as good. If the boy goes to cooper,cch and a few other schools in the 9th he don't even start or for that matter play much varsity as a freshman. There's atleast 6 other incoming freshman that would start at beechwood this year. There is way to much being put on this young man

 

What other incoming freshman are better? Mayer is a mule at CCH but different positions. Who is better in that class?

Just because Jefferson isn't playing at NCC, CCH or a traditional power doesn't mean the kid isn't good. Also didn't Beechwood's Frosh lose in the semi finals by a couple points to eventual champ Holy Cross? The 8th grade team was one of the best 8th grade teams in NKy. The 6th and 7th grade teams won their middle school championships. Like I said if most of these kids keep playing basketball, in a few years Beechwood will be able to compete and beat anyone in NKy on any given night..

Jefferson is a very, very good player. Strong, great ball skills, high basketball IQ - but most importantly to me - fearless. It won't matter what gym Beechwood walks into - Jefferson will be ready to play and lead.

 

Beechwood is a program on the rise. They are 1-2 years away at this point, but they will be tough by year's end.

 

The key for Jefferson - as I believe it is for any lead guard - is whether he can develop a consistent jump shot, and whether he can make contested jump shots. As good as he is, I don't believe he is or will be the most athletic player at his position in the area. He will still get to the rim, but he will also have to pull up and score more than he has to date.

 

He has the strength and physical skills to develop that game - better sooner rather than later.

What other incoming freshman are better? Mayer is a mule at CCH but different positions. Who is better in that class?

 

Mayer could be the best player from this class in 4 years. Talent + makeup + CCH coaching and development - great opportunity for him.

 

That is of course after he gets done playing freshman ball this year ;).

  • Author

That is of course after he gets done playing freshman ball this year ;).

 

I'm assuming you mean that as a joke.

I'm assuming you mean that as a joke.

 

I do - saw the kid play last spring and thought he could start on CCH's freshman team at that time - maybe be their most effective player. Others on this board thought he was destined for the freshman team this year.

 

I think he starts JV and gets varsity minutes.

 

His older brother is very good - I think Michael will end up being a better basketball player.

 

I think AJ has a breakout year at QB. Kid has all the tools to be a D-I quarterback. If that happens it's possible he re-evaluates basketball as a priority.

I am a 10th Region guy, and only saw limited 9th Region teams. However, I was very impressed with the young Beechwood PG Toebbe. Found him to have a very strong upside and at 6'4" an absolute load for defenses to handle. Appeared very smart with the ball and a very good shooting stroke with range. Does he not find his way onto this list?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.