Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Top 10 Players 2016/2017

Featured Replies

Convo came up with MTGL the other day. Figured we'd start a thread to quench our thirst for 9th region basketball discussion.

 

The convo started when we talked about CCH playing Cooper and how much fun that game can be.

 

We agreed that unless we're missing someone Cooper and CCH have the top 4 players in the region.

 

In some order : Sean McNeil, Adam Kunkel, Cole Vonhandorf, and CJ Fredrick.

 

So: Are those the top 4? If not, who is in? Our 5th was Hall from NCC.

 

Let's hear it.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hemmerich from Conner should be on the list - kid can score. He's not better than any of the players you listed, but top 10 IMO.

 

I'm also interested in people's thoughts on breakout players for 2016-2017.

Meyer from Dixie should start out season 5-7 and end the season in the top 5. He may be the best athlete in the 9th.

  • Author
Hemmerich from Conner should be on the list - kid can score. He's not better than any of the players you listed, but top 10 IMO.

 

I'm also interested in people's thoughts on breakout players for 2016-2017.

 

I do like Spence's game. Hope he stays healthy this year.

  • Author
Meyer from Dixie should start out season 5-7 and end the season in the top 5. He may be the best athlete in the 9th.

 

I need to check him this year. I saw him for about a half last year and he didn't do much but it was only 16 minutes of action.

In no order:

CVH

MCneil

Fredrick

Kunckle

Bradfield

Meyer

Hall

Hemmerich

Moeves

Hendrix if he plays

Convo came up with MTGL the other day. Figured we'd start a thread to quench our thirst for 9th region basketball discussion.

 

The convo started when we talked about CCH playing Cooper and how much fun that game can be.

 

We agreed that unless we're missing someone Cooper and CCH have the top 4 players in the region.

 

In some order : Sean McNeil, Adam Kunkel, Cole Vonhandorf, and CJ Fredrick.

 

So: Are those the top 4? If not, who is in? Our 5th was Hall from NCC.

 

Let's hear it.

 

Top 4 in order to begin season (not based on college potential just production at the HS level)

 

1. Cole (Just gets it done at the HS level in all phases of the game)

 

2. McNeil (Very good shooter, tough defender will have to play big for Cooper to beat CCH)

 

3a. Kunkel - (Nice all around game, look for big junior year)

3b. Fredrick - (Potential to be a big time scorer for CCH the next two years)

 

Kunkel and Fredrick have potential to be very good college players.

 

CCH should be a top 10 team in the state with their depth and coaching.

 

Cooper will have to rebound really well to beat top 10 competition on a consistent basis but we shall see who steps up for them.

I need to check him this year. I saw him for about a half last year and he didn't do much but it was only 16 minutes of action.

 

Been watching him play a lot this summer. He has a ton of game to match his athleticism. Fun player to watch.

In no order:

CVH

MCneil

Fredrick

Kunckle

Bradfield

Meyer

Hall

Hemmerich

Moeves

Hendrix if he plays

 

If Hendrix doesn't play it will be a huge blow to Cooper. Kid can change the game without scoring a point (but has enough athleticism and skills to manufacture 6 -9 points/game). With him Cooper is my pick for state - without him they will still be very good but won't be as strong defensively.

 

I know he is also a fantastic football player - has there been any discussion he won't play basketball after the football season ends?

I have Brennan Hall at #5 to start the year.

 

I've seen Meyer several times and he has never appeared to me to be of this ilk, not saying he isn't, just he wasn't on those nights.

 

Hemmerich has an old-man game that I can appreciate. I could be talked into him being 6th, especially if he is fully healthy in November.

I have Brennan Hall at #5 to start the year.

 

I've seen Meyer several times and he has never appeared to me to be of this ilk, not saying he isn't, just he wasn't on those nights.

 

Hemmerich has an old-man game that I can appreciate. I could be talked into him being 6th, especially if he is fully healthy in November.

 

Meyer is an incredible athlete and has been asked to carry the load for Dixie a time or 2. I agree with you that he is not the same caliber talent has some of these guys but the reason why he is mentioned so much is a combination between his athletic ability (and versatility as I think he is stellar at any sport he plays) and the fact he has been Dixie's MVP two years straight in my opinion.

 

I think that changes this year. I think when it's all said and done Reed Bradfield will be a name we talk about ALOT and between him and Meyer I see big things for Dixie as a strong possibility. But I expect Reed to put up some big numbers.

Meyer is an incredible athlete and has been asked to carry the load for Dixie a time or 2. I agree with you that he is not the same caliber talent has some of these guys but the reason why he is mentioned so much is a combination between his athletic ability (and versatility as I think he is stellar at any sport he plays) and the fact he has been Dixie's MVP two years straight in my opinion.

 

I think that changes this year. I think when it's all said and done Reed Bradfield will be a name we talk about ALOT and between him and Meyer I see big things for Dixie as a strong possibility. But I expect Reed to put up some big numbers.

 

Define talent. Meyer is a consistent jumpshot away from being in the top 5. As he can do things many others cannot. Athletically gifted player who defends rebounds and plays above the rim as a point guard. When you say gifted is that a shooter?

1. CVH

2. McNeil

3. Kunkle

4. Hall

5. CJ

6. Hemmerich

7. Meyer

8. Moeves

9. Jefferson

10. Traylor -Highlands

  • Author
1. CVH 2. McNeil 3. Kunkle 4. Hall 5. CJ 6. Hemmerich 7. Meyer 8. Moeves 9. Jefferson 10. Traylor -Highlands

 

Way too early to have Jefferson in.

Interesting list. No way Jefferson should be on there and didn't traylor move to florida 2 years ago??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.