Breaking Turkish news?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish our military leaders would do the same here and take back our country and start putting leaders into political positions.

Here is where we disconnect brah. While we may not like the direction that things are going in, there is nothing that we have seen that have been brazen power grabs or undermined the secular basis of the state like in Turkey.

Now if the President went full on Crusader King or Jihadist Imam I'd be right with you, but until then I'm gonna go with no.

I wish our military leaders would do the same here and take back our country and start putting leaders into political positions.

You can't be serious? I'm over people complaining "take back our country!" We have elections every 4 years, if people don't like it, then vote out the sitting politicians, 2012 the people made their choice once again.

But what you say that you "wish for"? That's called treason!

While it does say that they took the top general into custody I am thinking that this particular general was appointed by the current government. I remember a few years ago Erdoan was doing some shuffling of the high command. He probably was trying to head this off ahead of the gate, knowing that his future actions would likely trigger this exact thing.

My understanding is that most of the Top leadership put in place by Erodan in the Military has been captured and the remains top leadership and mid level leaders led this coup. It was a strong push back on the leaders of the Intelligence there as well.

Still trying to swift through info and figure out what this means for us. We have an Air Force Base there with over 1500 personel.

My understanding is that most of the Top leadership put in place by Erodan in the Military has been captured and the remains top leadership and mid level leaders led this coup. It was a strong push back on the leaders of the Intelligence there as well.

Still trying to swift through info and figure out what this means for us. We have an Air Force Base there with over 1500 personel.

Given our ties with the Turkish military I doubt it will cause any problems. The only issue we may run into would be if supporters of Erdogan attack our base. Of course if Erdogan goes to the US Base for refuge that would get ugly given their support by the current administration.

Given our ties with the Turkish military I doubt it will cause any problems. The only issue we may run into would be if supporters of Erdogan attack our base. Of course if Erdogan goes to the US Base for refuge that would get ugly given their support by the current administration.

That is a big part of my concern. Our military leaders and personel have long ties with not only leadership in Turkish Military but the rank and file.

That's why if I'm a betting man the CIA is involved. If not this is really tricky for Obama. Erdogan was Obama's guy.

If President Obama and Kerry give refuge to Erdogan outside of a guarantee of no death and passage to exile.....this country is lost.

If President Obama and Kerry give refuge to Erdogan outside of a guarantee of no death and passage to exile.....this country is lost.

It's not that simple. We can't show zero public support for someone who we backed just weeks ago . Bad foreign policy.

That's why my money is on the CIA/Military helping behind the scenes. No way these tenured Military members in Turkey move without our support.