Breaking Turkish news?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you have dealt with Erdogan and Turkey since 2003 if you were President of the US?

How would you respond to this situation as US President?

Honestly, he does have to come out and say he backs the democratically elected guy....but he is a terrorist supporter in the same way Saudi Arabia is.....terrible situations...

With that said it looks like there was a bunch of planes that took off with government officials and are going to .....Iran.

I agree with LB, this has CIA written all over this. Possibly they purposely started when the president was gone?

It's tricky with their president being in power for a number of years, we need Turkey as an ally, so as not to upset them the west kind of turn our heads and ignored some of the stuff he was doing.

I agree with LB, this has CIA written all over this. Possibly they purposely started when the president was gone?

It's tricky with their president being in power for a number of years, we need Turkey as an ally, so as not to upset them the west kind of turn our heads and ignored some of the stuff he was doing.

Not saying this is tied in but the air force base in OHIO had some activity last night.

Darn that pesky Constitution, anyway.

Keep the Constitution and get people who follow the laws we have. Get the greed out of Washington and as I said, get people who will follow the laws and not bypass them with EOs and red tape.

You can't be serious? I'm over people complaining "take back our country!" We have elections every 4 years, if people don't like it, then vote out the sitting politicians, 2012 the people made their choice once again.

But what you say that you "wish for"? That's called treason!

If being tired of our military getting screwed over with budget cuts and VA care and allowing immigrants from terrorist countries from coming into our county, being sick of how dysfunctional Congress is, how much Lobby's control our politicians, how I'm sick of being lied to for a vote, how I'm tired of my health cost going up while all the border jumpers get free everything because politicians only care about votes, I'm tired of only the rich being in control, I'm sick of all the transparency, I'm tired of the rich politicians not caring how the poor live and not being able to relate to how a middle class family struggles while paying for all the free loaders. I'm sick of having to bow to the PC crowd.

If that's treason, then by God sign me up for the revolution and turn me in to the FBI, I'm sure they want to prosecute someone after they let the queen go Scott free.

I will take a military leader anyway over these clowns we have now, especially over the community organizer.

Take our country back because this sure ain't the country I grew up in that had morals and people respected laws respected each other and had respect for authority and believed in the government.

Well it looks like this was a smaller group than originally thought. Starting to see reports that this deposing has been defeated. This isn't good for the secularists in the army, this gives Erdogan political capital to get commanders of questionable loyalty replaced.

I'm not saying this being dramatic.

Clinton and President Obama have now openly supported and are offering help to an Islamic, pro-ISIS dictator.

Turkey is getting ready to go from secular to Sharia Law.

What a shame the coup didn't work.

Seems the only ones who fought terrorist were Saddam Hussein, Kadafi, and Egypt.

America did a great job of getting rid of 2 of them. But thank God the Egyptian Military had enough sense to take their country back from the Obama allies Muslim Brotherhood.

This failed attempt, which some are saying was staged, is going to throw Turkey out of Europe so to speak.

The Turkish president is going to use this to tear down what's left of Turkey's democracy. I heard that already over 2,500 judges have been removed. The joke of Turkey being a so-called safe-zone for refugees is now out the window, which is good for refugees in Greece who may have been deported to Turkey, as that all ends now.

The Turkish president is gaining steam in his pursuit of becoming more and more like Putin. His party when it came to power around 2004 started shredding democracy there, and "removed" a lot of the military leaders from the start, as in the past, the Turkish military would step in when they thought that Turkey was losing its democracy and freedoms in the past.

And now Turkey and it's president is demanding that the US turn over the person that they claim was behind the coup, and he happens to live in Pennsylvania. Turkey now says "any country that harbors him is no friend of Turkey", see how problematic this has become? The US won't turn him over, then what? How far from the US and NATO does Turkey get? When the US doesn't turn him over, how long until Turkey kicks the US off of the bases over there?

This thing isn't over, this will get very messy all around, within Turkey and outside of Turkey.

I'm not saying this being dramatic.

Clinton and President Obama have now openly supported and are offering help to an Islamic, pro-ISIS dictator.

Turkey is getting ready to go from secular to Sharia Law.

I'd say the US, the west, and all of NATO, but as you know Turkey is an odd ally and very problematic for us, can't make them too mad, if so you lose a so called ally, and NATO member. And let's not forget, we can't afford Putin coming in and wanting to be buddy buddy with Turkey.

I agree, this is going to get ugly and Turkey is headed out of the remaining democracy that remains and NATO very soon.

This failed attempt, which some are saying was staged, is going to throw Turkey out of Europe so to speak.

The Turkish president is going to use this to tear down what's left of Turkey's democracy. I heard that already over 2,500 judges have been removed. The joke of Turkey being a so-called safe-zone for refugees is now out the window, which is good for refugees in Greece who may have been deported to Turkey, as that all ends now.

The Turkish president is gaining steam in his pursuit of becoming more and more like Putin. His party when it came to power around 2004 started shredding democracy there, and "removed" a lot of the military leaders from the start, as in the past, the Turkish military would step in when they thought that Turkey was losing its democracy and freedoms in the past.

And now Turkey and it's president is demanding that the US turn over the person that they claim was behind the coup, and he happens to live in Pennsylvania. Turkey now says "any country that harbors him is no friend of Turkey", see how problematic this has become? The US won't turn him over, then what? How far from the US and NATO does Turkey get? When the US doesn't turn him over, how long until Turkey kicks the US off of the bases over there?

This thing isn't over, this will get very messy all around, within Turkey and outside of Turkey.

That would make sense. I can't imagine that the military wouldn't know that he was out of the capital at the time. This attempt was too small of a scale to have the impact needed. If this wasn't an attempt by Erdogan to garner wide sweeping public support for stronger powers I would be shocked.

^ agreed! But, if this was planned out by him, he killed a heck of a lot of people for it, many on both sides. But hey, why would a rising dictator care about any lives? He has to stop caring sometime.

BUT, he called people to go out into the streets and defy the military and curfew, I don't know if I could post it, but I saw a video of many of those people get run down by a military vehicle, the camera was right where the vehicle started running them over.