Vacations Summer 2016

InItToWinIt

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to avoid any water that isn't a clear pool.

They find gators in nice clear pools all of the time.

Live a little, tube down Crystal River. You can see them on the bottom as you float along.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed a 2300 mile trek from NKY to Daytona Beach to the Emerald Coast ( Beaufort-Atlantic Beach-Morehead City- Cape Lookout, NC ).

Surfed, paddle boarded, boogie boarded, body surfed, drank lots of beer, and ate a lot of fresh caught seafood. Spent three days on a Carolina Skiff, in the pirate Blackbeards old stomping ground...It was a fantastic voyage! :lol2:

Quite a few amazing vacations planned by BGP'ers. I'm headed to Myrtle Beach in September. We always go the second week since it's cheaper but my baby girl starts school next year so this is the last cheap vacation.

I just got back from five days on Traverse Bay in northern Michigan. It was spectacular.

I have a weekend in Chicago coming up later this month but that about does it.

I hear good things about Michigan beach towns but I'm hesitant. Traverse City is way up north, what is the draw?

I hear good things about Michigan beach towns but I'm hesitant. Traverse City is way up north, what is the draw?

Lake is crazy cold so it wasn't much for swimming that early in the season. But lots of good restaurants and good local beer all along Western Michigan. And for me, 75-80 degrees and almost no humidity in late June/early July means fantastic weather for golf. Played twice at a great course called A-Ga-Ming that I really liked.

Lake is crazy cold so it wasn't much for swimming that early in the season. But lots of good restaurants and good local beer all along Western Michigan. And for me, 75-80 degrees and almost no humidity in late June/early July means fantastic weather for golf. Played twice at a great course called A-Ga-Ming that I really liked.

Never understood going north for a lake. Dipped my toes in one of the big ones during Labor Day weekend and my feet turned blue. End of the season and still cold. Nope. South it is. Norris was nice and warm last weekend.

If I find one in the pool, I'll head over to one of the other 13 pools at the hotel. I am getting my swim time darn it! :lol2:

You are coming to Florida at the end of July. You're going to need the pool.

It's 11:30 pm right now, the temperature is 82, and my hydrometer reads 83% humidity. It only gets worse as August approaches. :D

We looked very hard at going to one of the Michigan beach towns this year. We ended up in Florida because we had free access to a condo down there. At some point in the near future, we will likely be making a trip up to Michigan for vacation.

You are coming to Florida at the end of July. You're going to need the pool.

It's 11:30 pm right now, the temperature is 82, and my hydrometer reads 83% humidity. It only gets worse as August approaches. :D

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately) most of my time Monday-Friday will be spent in Universal or the Disney parks. I will be the puddle that has melted to the ground.

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately) most of my time Monday-Friday will be spent in Universal or the Disney parks. I will be the puddle that has melted to the ground.

You will lose 20 pounds next week. 5 from sweat and 15 from the money they will take out of your wallet while you are there.

The wife and I just went to Dominican Republic for 10 days. We usually don't vacation during the summer other than boating.

I'll bet the temperature was hot there. Punta Cana? I was in Santo Domingo in Oct/Nov some years ago and it was terribly hot then.

Never understood going north for a lake. Dipped my toes in one of the big ones during Labor Day weekend and my feet turned blue. End of the season and still cold. Nope. South it is. Norris was nice and warm last weekend.

Went to Lake Erie in April this year. Went out to Put-In-Bay--that was cold. Practically, no one else on the island. Only a few businesses open--one was a restaurant, thankfully. Rented a large golf cart drove all over Put-In-Bay with the fam. We had a great time.

You will lose 20 pounds next week. 5 from sweat and 15 from the money they will take out of your wallet while you are there.

Going 7/29-8/6 so it will be even hotter than next week. I look to lose more than 5 from sweat.

As for the money... I've budgeted for the trip and it is more than I've budgeted for any vacation ever. Holding out hope that the actual amount spent is less than what is budgeted.

Going 7/29-8/6 so it will be even hotter than next week. I look to lose more than 5 from sweat.

As for the money... I've budgeted for the trip and it is more than I've budgeted for any vacation ever. Holding out hope that the actual amount spent is less than what is budgeted.

Good luck! Nothing is cheap!

I'll bet the temperature was hot there. Punta Cana? I was in Santo Domingo in Oct/Nov some years ago and it was terribly hot then.

It actually wasn't as bad as we expected; We had a really good time and got to see all the staff we met at the same resort in January