Vacations Summer 2016

InItToWinIt

Went to Lake Erie in April this year. Went out to Put-In-Bay--that was cold. Practically, no one else on the island. Only a few businesses open--one was a restaurant, thankfully. Rented a large golf cart drove all over Put-In-Bay with the fam. We had a great time.

@TAC, I forgot to mention we went that direction because it was cheap. I would have preferred to go south where it was warm, but fortunately, me and the mrs are both, how shall I say it... practical. Yes, that's it, practical.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet the temperature was hot there. Punta Cana? I was in Santo Domingo in Oct/Nov some years ago and it was terribly hot then.

Went to Lake Erie in April this year. Went out to Put-In-Bay--that was cold. Practically, no one else on the island. Only a few businesses open--one was a restaurant, thankfully. Rented a large golf cart drove all over Put-In-Bay with the fam. We had a great time.

We go to Lake Erie in June/July every year. We stay in Ohio. We go to Put-in-Bay every year and rent a golf cart. I would say it is a lot more crowded in June than April. We love it.

Michigan is a great spot for summer vacation. Lake Michigan looks like you're at the ocean (with smaller waves) and the climate is great. We had a beautiful lakehouse north of Holland years ago. Locals were complaining about the heatwave. It was 91. We didn't even have the AC on at night because of being on the lake in the woods.

We did Lake Cumberland last weekend, stayed at a good friend's place in Bronston (Colson Cove) near Conley Bottom where he keeps his boat. This weekend we are off to Green River Lake State Park to spend some time with family.

Just got back from Chicago. Daughter had a great time. We did a Chicago Sky WNBA game and she got to get her photo with Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever), Elena Delle Donne and couple other players. Chicago has a lot going on. We did the Chicago Pass package which got us into a lot of things at a discount, but the parking fees were outrageous. Spent over $125 in parking alone. And you better be in shape...lots of walking. Had Chicago pizza at a place called Giordano's and breakfast at a place called Wildberry Pancakes. Both were really good. And you can't pass up a Chicago Hot Dog at Big Al's. Missed out on the popcorn which is supposed to be world famous.