Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What bad habit of yours should you break?

Featured Replies

Any pointers?

 

Just look as this picture of mouth cancer. That should help.

th.jpg

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any pointers?

 

I dipped for 9 years and then quit cold turkey -- my pointer, stop buying it. Sounds silly, but for me, I just didn't buy it, and therefore, I never had it around. That said, I still, to this day, can't chew wintergreen gum because the flavor brings back a flood of memories and I instantly want a dip.

I drink,

I smoke cigars,

and I know things.

 

If I quit the ones that are bad for me I would be left with knowing things, but I wouldn't care about what I knew.

 

So I think I'll keep doing all three.:D

I dipped for 9 years and then quit cold turkey -- my pointer, stop buying it. Sounds silly, but for me, I just didn't buy it, and therefore, I never had it around. That said, I still, to this day, can't chew wintergreen gum because the flavor brings back a flood of memories and I instantly want a dip.

 

Therein lies my issue. Things like long drives, golfing, mowing the grass, or even sitting on the john, going back to my high school days, trigger the muscle memory that says I need a dip.

Just look as this picture of mouth cancer. That should help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56684[/ATTACH]

 

Just spit out the juiciest one I've had in days. Thanks.

Any pointers?

 

Quit smoking was easy.... I just dipped more.

But when, at the time, my 8 year old son told me to quit, I knew I needed help. The answer for my was Chantix. It hadn't been on the market long and Dr's told me I would need 3 months worth at $145 a month.

 

Money became my big motivator and I decided to take Chantix for 1 month and see if I could get the money back by not buying tobacco.

 

Chantix worked for me mainly because I participated in the online program that comes with it. I dont know of anyone who has taken the drug only and been able to quit. It is a key part of the program. If you are going to do it....do it right.

 

Funny thing is, to this day I will often reach into my pocket for a can of dip when I am doing certain things....yardwork, fishing, golf, ball park, etc. Then I just kinda chuckle and move on.

 

As for the financial side of it....

Chantix: 1 month @ $144

1 roll of Skoal a week in 2008 @ $35

 

I have saved almost $15,000 in tobacco products.

 

Mission accomplished. Best of luck to you

Beer.

Picking at scabs on my skin.

 

Yes---I now that is so gross. But it's just this nervous habit of mine. I'm a picker.

Dip for sure... the weird thing with me is I very seldom chew on the weekends or when I'm at home. The worst for me is driving, mowing, and while I'm at work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.