Drunk driver kills 2 and injures 2 children in Louisville and...

All Tell

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I understanding what I've read in this thread so far, that some of you just don't see being an illegal in this country as that big of deal.

Nope, not at all what I'm saying.

It's an issue, and one that needs to be addressed. The whole premise of this thread was that somehow him being an illegal played a role in this tragic accident.

My issue is that so many think just building a wall and rounding up those who are here illegally is going to a) be feasible, and b) solve anything. Because it's not.

Nope, not at all what I'm saying.

It's an issue, and one that needs to be addressed. The whole premise of this thread was that somehow him being an illegal played a role in this tragic accident.

My issue is that so many think just building a wall and rounding up those who are here illegally is going to a) be feasible, and b) solve anything. Because it's not.

But it did play a role. If he wouldn't have been here this particular tragedy doesn't happen.

Am I understanding what I've read in this thread so far, that some of you just don't see being an illegal in this country as that big of deal.

And some treat it as the worst possible crime someone could commit.

But it did play a role. If he wouldn't have been here this particular tragedy doesn't happen.

And if he had been here legally, it still happens.

So is this specific incident any more or less tragic than the myriad of others that are killed by drunk drivers every year by American citizens?

Horribly tragic. I feel horrible for the families of the victims.

I'm not sure I understand the notion that this somehow wouldn't have been as horrific or tragic had the drunk been a US citizen or a legal immigrant though...

It's not but had this particular illegal not been here or the myriad other illegals that have killed people not been here maybe, just maybe deaths would have been prevented. After all if enforcement of current immigration law prevents even one tragic death it's worth it, correct?