Drunk driver kills 2 and injures 2 children in Louisville and...

All Tell

The only reason this is a thread is because the guy is illegal.

I think the intentions of this thread were made crystal clear by the line, "How many people are killed by illegals annually?".

You are quite correct.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't open the link. So was he ever licensed? If not I think being an illegal is very relevant

JEFFERSONTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- Jeffersontown Police provided new information Thursday afternoon about a man facing two counts of murder after police say he plowed into four young people on Taylorsville Road who were standing in the bike lane Tuesday night, killing two.

Including the fact that they believe the suspect was in the United States illegally.

Juan Carlos Ortega-Santos, age 26, appeared in court Thursday morning, charged with murder, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, assault and wanton endangerment. Police say Tuesday night he was driving in the right lane of Taylorsville Road, when he veered into the bike lane where four children were standing.

Ten-year-old Alena Clay and 16-year-old Tyeisha Lacy were both killed.

During a Thursday afternoon news conference Jeffersontown Police Chief Ken Hatmaker told reporters that Ortega-Santos worked for the Wild Eggs restaurant, and that law enforcement believes he was an undocumented immigrant.

"I do not believe him to be in the country legally," Hatmaker said, adding that federal authorities had placed a detainer on him.

He said authorities believe Ortega-Santos is a flight risk.

One reporter asked Hatmaker to explain how Ortega-Santos could be employed at Wild Eggs if he is an undocumented immigrant.

"That would be a question for Wild Eggs," Hatmaker said. "It does raise concerns though."

Later in the afternoon, Wild Eggs released a statement:

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of Tyeisha Lacy and Alena Clay as they are going through this difficult time.

We confirm that Juan Carlos Ortega-Santos was an employee of Wild Eggs and presented proper documentation as required.

Wild Eggs has and continues to follow state and federal guidelines when hiring new employees.

Hatmaker reiterated that Ortega-Santos' blood alcohol content after the crash was recorded as .200. He said his car was severely damaged after the crash, due to the severe force of the impact.

"The front of the car was demolished," Hatmaker said. "The bumper was gone, drug under the car...as well as the passenger's headlight."

Despite claims that Ortega-Santos made to officers that he didn't realize what had happened, Hatmaker says it's clear that wasn't the case.

"I believe he did," Hatmaker said, adding that one of the four young people at the scene said that after the crash, Ortega-Santos, "stopped, looked back, and then took off."

Hatmaker says he doesn't believe Ortega-Santos has ever had a driver's license.

It's not but had this particular illegal not been here or the myriad other illegals that have killed people not been here maybe, just maybe deaths would have been prevented. After all if enforcement of current immigration prevents even one tragic death it's worth it, correct?

Absolutely, now how do you propose we feasibly enforce what you're wanting done?

Things can sound and look good in theory, but are impossible in reality.

I can't open the link. So was he ever licensed? If not I think being an illegal is very relevant

The J-Town police chief said they can find no indication he ever had a license.

AND Wild Eggs should be investigated and sanctioned if he didn't have proper documentation.

Every employee hired is supposed to have an I-9 filled out by the employer to verify they are eligible to work in the US. You have to wonder how many employers either don't do this or do it fraudulently. Because we know that not all illegal immigrants are working in fields for cash.

Here is a list of what is required to be provided, it's safe to say Wildeggs didn't comply.

I-9-Acceptable-Documents-List.jpg

If just the I-9 process was followed and verified by our government and those companies that violate it severely penalized, there would be no reason for outsiders to come to this country other than through legal methods...as coming here they would not be able to make a living by working for any legitimate employer.

I'm guessing, but I anticipate it looks a lot like "build a wall, send all the illegals here back". Am I very far off?

Sort of with a few alterations.

1. I do indeed want stronger border enforcement be that a physical or virtual wall.

2. I do indeed want illegals deported. By definition they are all criminals. Illegals that commit other crimes get booted immediately AFTER serving their sentence here for the other crimes they have committed. The ludicrous notion of sanctuary cities is abolished.

3. I also want companies and individuals that employee illegals to be HARSHLY sanctioned, so much so that the fear of being caught outweighs the financial benefit of hiring them.

4. Finally I want the amendment that grants every baby born here automatic citizenship changed or repealed. Children born here of naturalized or native citizens are automatically citizens. Children born here of legal resident aliens are granted citizenship at the same time their parents are. Children born here of illegals should also be illegal. The concept of anchor babies has to go.

Sort of with a few alterations.

1. I do indeed want stronger border enforcement be that a physical or virtual wall.

2. I do indeed want illegals deported. By definition they are all criminals. Illegals that commit other crimes get booted immediately AFTER serving their sentence here for the other crimes they have committed. The ludicrous notion of sanctuary cities is abolished.

3. I also want companies and individuals that employee illegals to be HARSHLY sanctioned, so much so that the fear of being caught outweighs the financial benefit of hiring them.

4. Finally I want the amendment that grants every baby born here automatic citizenship changed or repealed. Children born here of naturalized or native citizens are automatically citizens. Children born here of legal resident aliens are granted citizenship at the same time their parents are. Children born here of illegals should also be illegal. The concept of anchor babies has to go.

How do you propose we fiscally and feasibly do #1 & #2?

I agree on #3.

I don't agree with #4.

How do you propose we fiscally and feasibly do #1 & #2?

I agree on #3.

I don't agree with #4.

As someone said in one of the many gun control threads, I don't specifically know (and I don't have to know to believe what I believe either) but I would suspect that if we ever got serious about fighting abuse in the social welfare programs or if we ever got serious about cutting real waste from the government money could be found. Also making ALL illegals (including their children) ineligible for ALL social programs makes it a whole lot less attractive for them to illegally enter the country.

And why do you not agree with #4. Why should a child born here of illegal parents be legal?

As someone said in one of the many gun control threads, I don't specifically know (and I don't have to know to believe what I believe either) but I would suspect that if we ever got serious about fighting abuse in the social welfare programs or if we ever got serious about cutting real waste from the government money could be found. Also making ALL illegals (including their children) ineligible for ALL social programs makes it a whole lot less attractive for them to illegally enter the country.

And why do you not agree with #4. Why should a child born here of illegal parents be legal?

Because I believe anyone born on American soil should have all the protections and rights of the Constitution.