Drunk driver kills 2 and injures 2 children in Louisville and...

All Tell

The world is not a perfect place, lots of bad things are committed by citizens of our nation. We do have the opportunity to get rid of some bad characters to avoid such situations, such as this one in Louisville or the killing of the lady in San Francisco.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to the kid that's an American citizen?

Being a citizen gives you rights that being here illegally doesn't. The Bill of Rights was not written for the world, just Americans.if your born to illegal parents you should have to refer to their country of origin for your citizenship. You are here illegally also.

What happens to the kid that's an American citizen?

I imagine that decision should be left to the family. If they want to take them back with them, cool. If they want to let them stay here with family or friends, more specifically not just thrown into the system, that's cool too. JMO.

I imagine that decision should be left to the family. If they want to take them back with them, cool. If they want to let them stay here with family or friends, more specifically not just thrown into the system, that's cool too. JMO.

That's fine, but should that kid give the parents an "anchor" to stay in the United States? That's the only issue I have with that amendment.

Another scenario, pregnant Canadian woman visiting the US unexpectedly delivers while she is here. There is no intention or desire on her part to stay here. Is that baby a citizen? What happens when that kid is an adult. Could he/she demand full rights of citizenship even if they've never lived here?

The amendment in question was ratified to grant full citizenship to freed slaves and I fully support that but as has been brought up in the numerous gun control threads the world has changed since that amendment was written. Shouldn't that amendment change with it?

Being a citizen gives you rights that being here illegally doesn't. The Bill of Rights was not written for the world, just Americans.if your born to illegal parents you should have to refer to their country of origin for your citizenship. You are here illegally also.

Not according to the U.S. Constitution. You know, the same document that has the 2nd amendment in it.

That's fine, but should that kid give the parents an "anchor" to stay in the United States? That's the only issue I have with that amendment.

Another scenario, pregnant Canadian woman visiting the US unexpectedly delivers while she is here. There is no intention or desire on her part to stay here. Is that baby a citizen? What happens when that kid is an adult. Could he/she demand full rights of citizenship even if they've never lived here?

The amendment in question was ratified to grant full citizenship to freed slaves and I fully support that but as has been brought up in the numerous gun control threads the world has changed since that amendment was written. Shouldn't that amendment change with it?

Many people maintain dual citizenship. I have friends that have English and U.S. citizenship. Doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

Many people maintain dual citizenship. I have friends that have English and U.S. citizenship. Doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

Doesn't answer the questions. Should the child be an "anchor" for illegal parents? Should a child unexpectedly born while the mother was VISITING the US be a citizen?

if your born to illegal parents you should have to refer to their country of origin for your citizenship. You are here illegally also

^ My opinion, I'm well aware what's in the bill of rights.

Not according to the U.S. Constitution. You know, the same document that has the 2nd amendment in it.

Doesn't answer the questions. Should the child be an "anchor" for illegal parents? Should a child unexpectedly born while the mother was VISITING the US be a citizen?

No, unless we just want to say OK we concede, you're smarter than us and found a loophole.

According to our constitution, the child is a U.S. Citizen. It does not give any protection to the visiting parents.

BUT it does indirectly because you know as well as I do if you try to deport parents of an "anchor" baby there would be a hue and cry of how it inhumane to break up a family.

BUT it does indirectly because you know as well as I do if you try to deport parents of an "anchor" baby there would be a hue and cry of how it inhumane to break up a family.

This is true. It would be wrong to break up a family. Which is why you should have to be a citizen to have a baby that's a citizen. Only reasonable way to handle that.