Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NASA: Needs you for Mars

Featured Replies

160616131447-nasa-hiring-posters-9-super-43.jpg

 

Hate your job? NASA wants you to work on Mars - CNN.com (CNN)US space agency NASA has just released a series of retro recruitment posters that advertise potential positions it may one day need filled on Mars.

 

First commissioned in 2009 for an exhibit at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex, the colorful posters feature 'advertisements' for teachers, surveyors and farmers, among a raft of other occupations.

NASA has started using posters like these to help people imagine what a future in space may look like. Earlier this year, the agency released a set of prints promoting space tourism. They can all be downloaded for free from the NASA website.

However, it may be a while before all these people are actually needed. NASA released its three-step 'Journey to Mars' plan to colonize the Red Planet in 2015, and doesn't envision having people living and working in colonies until 2030.

Great...let's pollute another planet!

 

We can't pollute this one forever, plus, it's just another big rock in the sky in the grandest of schemes of things.

 

As for the Journey, they had me at "Hate your job?"

2030 is only 14 years away, now. That's not really that much time, if you think about it. I remember signing up for BGP almost 15 years ago.

I could think of a couple of folks that would be excellent candidates. :whistling:

Star Trek - Beginnings

 

I love this stuff.

 

Sometimes I wonder if we are getting slightly ahead of ourselves. I would like to see a Moon Base first, I think that will better prepare us for Mars Missions.

  • Author
Star Trek - Beginnings

 

I love this stuff.

 

Sometimes I wonder if we are getting slightly ahead of ourselves. I would like to see a Moon Base first, I think that will better prepare us for Mars Missions.

 

Agreed, but I don't think we'll ever see the funding to do either.

Agreed, but I don't think we'll ever see the funding to do either.

 

Helium 3 baby!

Great...let's pollute another planet!

 

Earth First!!

 

(We'll mine the other planets later)

I heard that they need presidential candidates.:speechless:

I heard that they need presidential candidates.:speechless:

 

Vilos Cohaagen

Star Trek - Beginnings

 

I love this stuff.

 

Sometimes I wonder if we are getting slightly ahead of ourselves. I would like to see a Moon Base first, I think that will better prepare us for Mars Missions.

 

Neil Degrasse Tyson said all it would take is for some leak of China wanting to build a base there and the US government would do it under a year.

Neil Degrasse Tyson said all it would take is for some leak of China wanting to build a base there and the US government would do it under a year.

 

China and Russia both have to be looking at it. A moon base would give that country a huge tactical advantage in the event of war.

Vilos Cohaagen

 

Give de people de air.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.