Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Billy Joel Be Known in 200 Years?

Featured Replies

Could there possibly be a more pointless discussion?

Could there possibly be a more pointless discussion?

 

Only if you're somebody who has no interest in the past or future.

Move this post to the Controversial Topics if you must, but in 250 years, Kanye West will be the most recognizable name of the 2000s

 

Why?

Why?

 

Everyone has an opinion of Kanye. Obviously not eight billion people, but millions of people have bought his work, and just as many have negative views once you account for those buying his work looking for a reason to have a negative opinion.

 

Add to that the TMZ "reports" detailing his transgressions that will last forever unless someone literally breaks the internet.

Everyone has an opinion of Kanye. Obviously not eight billion people, but millions of people have bought his work, and just as many have negative views once you account for those buying his work looking for a reason to have a negative opinion.

 

Add to that the TMZ "reports" detailing his transgressions that will last forever unless someone literally breaks the internet.

 

I don't think his character flaws will lead to him being the most recognizable name of the 2000's. He's not anywhere close to the most recognizable right now, let alone 250 years from now. I would even say Taylor Swift is more recognizable than Kanye West.

This is an absolute truth IMO. Diabetes injections, dialysis and repair of broken bones will be nothing like today. I think in 200 years diabetes will be treated quickly and easily upon diagnosis. The need for Dialysis will be eliminated by the growth of new kidneys from stem cells. In many ways health care as we know it will not exist, it will be more about preventive treatment and early diagnosis with follow up treatment. DNA will be able to be searched for a variety of health issues and treatment will stop many maladies before they ever appear.

 

 

I thought of that when I was typing :thumb:

I don't think his character flaws will lead to him being the most recognizable name of the 2000's. He's not anywhere close to the most recognizable right now, let alone 250 years from now. I would even say Taylor Swift is more recognizable than Kanye West.

 

Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele... There's definitely a short list ahead of him. It's a shame we won't know the answer to this unless Kanye does something insane in the next 20 years.

  • Author
Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele... There's definitely a short list ahead of him. It's a shame we won't know the answer to this unless Kanye does something insane in the next 20 years.

 

I'm with you on Kanye. He's more innovative and ahead of his time than other top-selling acts. His contribution to music will be more well known in the future than his peers, especially since they won't have to listen to him talk about himself. :lol2:

Only if you're somebody who has no interest in the past or future.
Huge history buff. As for what music is popular 150 years past when any of us are dead. No way anyone cares.
Huge history buff. As for what music is popular 150 years past when any of us are dead. No way anyone cares.

 

Doesn't mean we can't pontificate. Besides, aren't the forums here to kill time at work?

As I sit at the Roadhouse having a chop and cold beer, I pray that the country music, or what they call country, is not around in 2 years much less 200. My goodness when did it get this bad? I don't listen to radio much. The Waylon I have on my iTunes will get extra play tomorrow. This is awful.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.