Cov Cath/Boone Jv Cancelled

MJK3490

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally if a team gets beat rather handily, they don't play a jv game simply because a lot of the kids saw varsity action that day so why play again and risk injury to a player? I guess it's just to keep your kids healthy and not force them to play 2 games in 2 or 3 days??

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

:thumb: I know at Holmes they haven't played more than 7 or 8 JV games the past 4 years which is a shame because the JV and freshman levels are where your players really get to develop. These are the levels where they get the one on one attention they need and also get to play against other competition than just themselves and learn what they need to work on to better themselves at the varsity level.

:thumb: I know at Holmes they haven't played more than 7 or 8 JV games the past 4 years which is a shame because the JV and freshman levels are where your players really get to develop. These are the levels where they get the one on one attention they need and also get to play against other competition than just themselves and learn what they need to work on to better themselves at the varsity level.

Last year Holmes cancelled their game with Highlands (Frosh). We were told it was due to the fact they had a small number of kids and they had incurred some injuries.

Have they done ths before?

In my opinion this WILL BE the last year you will see Cov Cath / Boone meeting in football. Faced with the new districting and the complete lack competition Boone has demonstrated the past two years. The canceling of the JV game will only add greater motivation to drop Boone. Plus there no longer the loyalty to Boone like under the Ray years. I think Coach R would like to maybe move some of the Ohio contests to Louisville. Plus I’m also of the opinion Cov Cath should strongly consider moving into 5A next year. But we will wait and see.

In my opinion this WILL BE the last year you will see Cov Cath / Boone meeting in football. Faced with the new districting and the complete lack competition Boone has demonstrated the past two years. The canceling of the JV game will only add greater motivation to drop Boone. Plus there no longer the loyalty to Boone like under the Ray years. I think Coach R would like to maybe move some of the Ohio contests to Louisville. Plus I’m also of the opinion Cov Cath should strongly consider moving into 5A next year. But we will wait and see.

All of that makes complete sense.

I think everyone, except Dixie, wants to see both CCH and HHS in 5A next year.

All of that makes complete sense.

I think everyone, except Dixie, wants to see both CCH and HHS in 5A next year.

Who's to say Dixie wouldn't move up also to stay with Boone ,SK or Ryle ? CCH and HHS are both very good program's , so why not move up to 6A . Why mess with all the small programs , move up and play the Big Boys all the time for the state title ! X , T , Male , CCH , HHS and put in who ever else wants in there ! I'm so tired hearing about this class stuff , lets all move up and play some football ! :p

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: