Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath/Boone Jv Cancelled

Featured Replies

Today after the varstiy game the Boone County Coach cancelled the jv game for monday night. I dont understand why he did it maybe you guys have answers.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally if a team gets beat rather handily, they don't play a jv game simply because a lot of the kids saw varsity action that day so why play again and risk injury to a player? I guess it's just to keep your kids healthy and not force them to play 2 games in 2 or 3 days??

I will bite my tounge on this one..:sssh:

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

That certainly doesnt show the kids anything about sportsmanship and winning and losing with pride. bad call just my opinion.

You can't tell me Boone doesnt have enough to play a JV game. I,m guessing something else behind that decision

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

 

:thumb: I know at Holmes they haven't played more than 7 or 8 JV games the past 4 years which is a shame because the JV and freshman levels are where your players really get to develop. These are the levels where they get the one on one attention they need and also get to play against other competition than just themselves and learn what they need to work on to better themselves at the varsity level.

:thumb: I know at Holmes they haven't played more than 7 or 8 JV games the past 4 years which is a shame because the JV and freshman levels are where your players really get to develop. These are the levels where they get the one on one attention they need and also get to play against other competition than just themselves and learn what they need to work on to better themselves at the varsity level.

Last year Holmes cancelled their game with Highlands (Frosh). We were told it was due to the fact they had a small number of kids and they had incurred some injuries.

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

 

Have they done ths before?

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

 

 

In my opinion this WILL BE the last year you will see Cov Cath / Boone meeting in football. Faced with the new districting and the complete lack competition Boone has demonstrated the past two years. The canceling of the JV game will only add greater motivation to drop Boone. Plus there no longer the loyalty to Boone like under the Ray years. I think Coach R would like to maybe move some of the Ohio contests to Louisville. Plus I’m also of the opinion Cov Cath should strongly consider moving into 5A next year. But we will wait and see.

  • Author
Have they done ths before?

This is actually the third straight year.:madman:

In my opinion this WILL BE the last year you will see Cov Cath / Boone meeting in football. Faced with the new districting and the complete lack competition Boone has demonstrated the past two years. The canceling of the JV game will only add greater motivation to drop Boone. Plus there no longer the loyalty to Boone like under the Ray years. I think Coach R would like to maybe move some of the Ohio contests to Louisville. Plus I’m also of the opinion Cov Cath should strongly consider moving into 5A next year. But we will wait and see.

 

All of that makes complete sense.

 

I think everyone, except Dixie, wants to see both CCH and HHS in 5A next year.

All of that makes complete sense.

 

I think everyone, except Dixie, wants to see both CCH and HHS in 5A next year.

 

Who's to say Dixie wouldn't move up also to stay with Boone ,SK or Ryle ? CCH and HHS are both very good program's , so why not move up to 6A . Why mess with all the small programs , move up and play the Big Boys all the time for the state title ! X , T , Male , CCH , HHS and put in who ever else wants in there ! I'm so tired hearing about this class stuff , lets all move up and play some football ! :p

In my opinion this WILL BE the last year you will see Cov Cath / Boone meeting in football. Faced with the new districting and the complete lack competition Boone has demonstrated the past two years. The canceling of the JV game will only add greater motivation to drop Boone. Plus there no longer the loyalty to Boone like under the Ray years. I think Coach R would like to maybe move some of the Ohio contests to Louisville. Plus I’m also of the opinion Cov Cath should strongly consider moving into 5A next year. But we will wait and see.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

All of that makes complete sense.

 

I think everyone, except Dixie, wants to see both CCH and HHS in 5A next year.

 

 

I don't know about that. :sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.