Cov Cath/Boone Jv Cancelled

MJK3490

Who's to say Dixie wouldn't move up also to stay with Boone ,SK or Ryle ? CCH and HHS are both very good program's , so why not move up to 6A . Why mess with all the small programs , move up and play the Big Boys all the time for the state title ! X , T , Male , CCH , HHS and put in who ever else wants in there ! I'm so tired hearing about this class stuff , lets all move up and play some football ! :p

I agree. Highlands and covington should both be in 6a with Male and Trinity.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter. All schools if possible (but certainly large schools) need to play a full ten game JV schedule each and every year. If I was CCH I would think about dropping Boone from the schedule over this (yes I think it is a real big deal) and at the very least I would schedule someone different the week of Boone for a JV game from this point on.

I agree! it is not fair to either football programs, the players, the fans etc.. Its hard enough to schedule games ahead of time and then have the other pull the plug 5 days before the scheduled game.

You can`t grow your players on field and game time playing experience without having games to play.

But when it is all over, what about the players from both teams. That is not just right, I can`t think of a good enough reason for Boone to cancel. Is it not about the Kids??

I hope Coach Thompson has a darn good excuse. Its crap if he doesn't. 4A schools should never have to cancel a JV game. Its not fair to the young players who have practiced hard all summer.

Do we have an official reason yet?

Sounds like Boone Co is just quitting because they got humiliated. Is cancelling the game teaching kids to quit whenever life gets tough?

This is not the team or the coach that TRINITY has seen over the years.

I agree. Highlands and covington should both be in 6a with Male and Trinity.

Highlands is one of the smallest 3a participants now.. I can see them going to 5a but not 6a. Why would you want to compete with teams that have 3 and 4 times as many boys??????? HHS would beat 3/4 of the teams in 6a, but would lose most of the time to the alter boys down in the ville. 5a is a big enough jump.........:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Highlands is one of the smallest 3a participants now.. I can see them going to 5a but not 6a. Why would you want to compete with teams that have 3 and 4 times as many boys??????? HHS would beat 3/4 of the teams in 6a, but would lose most of the time to the alter boys down in the ville. 5a is a big enough jump.........:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Why not play the best. Who cares how many guys they have. You can only play 11 on any given play. Many many many of the guys standing on the sidelines at the big schoos will never do much more than clap in their entire career.

So your saying you want to be in with the likes of Scott , Holmes , Grant Co and Dixie in your District . For now, HHS draws players from anywhere in NKY . Why wouldn't you want to jump up with the Big Boys that you play now ? :confused:

From what I understand, no teams will be afforded the option of playing down if there are substantial increases to districts. They may just be moved to another district.

Highlands is on record as saying they want to go to 5A.

Does anyone know what CCH wants to do?

I can't see HHS making the jump without CCH.

On Monday, the KHSAA will report the responses from schools who are looking to make the jump in classifications.

Why 5A and not 6A for some of you who wondered.

5A is the place to be. Just scanning the present 5A class, only Bowling Green stands out as a year in and year out power. Maybe HopTown and O-boro to an extent, but that's it.

From what I understand, no teams will be afforded the option of playing down if there are substantial increases to districts. They may just be moved to another district.

Highlands is on record as saying they want to go to 5A.

Does anyone know what CCH wants to do?

I can't see HHS making the jump without CCH.

On Monday, the KHSAA will report the responses from schools who are looking to make the jump in classifications.

Why 5A and not 6A for some of you who wondered.

5A is the place to be. Just scanning the present 5A class, only Bowling Green stands out as a year in and year out power. Maybe HopTown and O-boro to an extent, but that's it.

So your saying 5A is going to be more or less a Cake walk ??? ( :lol: ) So a team like HHS , CCH , or a Lex Cath could see this as a chance to move up and win state year in and out . Wouldn't they want to move up for the title to mean something or is it , We won state titles 22 times in a row !:confused: If these programs are so good year in and out , why wouldn't you want to be in the TOP CLASS ??? :confused:

So your saying 5A is going to be more or less a Cake walk ??? ( :lol: ) So a team like HHS , CCH , or a Lex Cath could see this as a chance to move up and win state year in and out . Wouldn't they want to move up for the title to mean something or is it , We won state titles 22 times in a row !:confused: If these programs are so good year in and out , why wouldn't you want to be in the TOP CLASS ??? :confused:

If Highlands wanted to do that they would just stay where they are supposed to. Student wise they're in 3a again anyway....:fight: :fight:

I hope Coach Thompson has a darn good excuse. Its crap if he doesn't. 4A schools should never have to cancel a JV game. Its not fair to the young players who have practiced hard all summer.

Do we have an official reason yet?

I have a feeling "Tankles" is on thin ice at Boone. Anyone from Boone care to comment on that thought?