Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Football

Featured Replies

Which Freshman team looks to be the best this season?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For NKY Big School:

 

 

Highlands - They've reeled off 27 straight wins and the Highlands faithful are talking about 10 more so they'll be #1 till somebody beats them.

 

CovCath - They're always good and there is no reason to believe that this year will be any different

 

Campbell Co - They have good numbers and if Austin Johnson plays frosh ball and not JV then they should contend.

 

Simon Kenton - Miles Simpson should keep them competitive.

 

Dixie Heights - From what I'm hearing from Dixie's frosh coaches Dixie should be very talented. I understand they have a very good FB/LB and excellent overall team speed.

 

Ryle - I hear they should be solid

 

Holmes - I expect them to be typical Holmes. They'll have several nice players which will mean they'll win some games but not enough to win the conference.

 

Boone Co - Don't know. Haven't heard much about them.

 

Conner - Don't know. Haven't heard much about them.

 

Scott - They should struggle.

For NKY Big School:

 

 

Highlands - They've reeled off 27 straight wins and the Highlands faithful are talking about 10 more so they'll be #1 till somebody beats them.

 

CovCath - They're always good and there is no reason to believe that this year will be any different

 

Campbell Co - They have good numbers and if Austin Johnson plays frosh ball and not JV then they should contend.

 

Simon Kenton - Miles Simpson should keep them competitive.

 

Dixie Heights - From what I'm hearing from Dixie's frosh coaches Dixie should be very talented. I understand they have a very good FB/LB and excellent overall team speed.

 

Ryle - I hear they should be solid

 

Holmes - I expect them to be typical Holmes. They'll have several nice players which will mean they'll win some games but not enough to win the conference.

 

Boone Co - Don't know. Haven't heard much about them.

 

Conner - Don't know. Haven't heard much about them.

 

Scott - They should struggle.

Heard Cov Cath was down this year. Ryle and Dixies usually have good teams. Simon Kenton gave HHS their toughest game last year. But I'm going with Highland (suprise:D )10-0 again.

Ryle has 75+ Freshmen this year. I had expected many to quit by now but they are sticking with it. No one is playing both ways. I think they will be pretty good. Find out Weds when they play Cov Cath.

Ryle has 75+ Freshmen this year. I had expected many to quit by now but they are sticking with it. No one is playing both ways. I think they will be pretty good. Find out Weds when they play Cov Cath.

 

 

That is ridiculous......75 kids...ever hear of the word cut? Send a few down the road to BC.. they obviously need some help these days.

 

There will be a many disapointed parents who have to sit through many games and not see little johnny play much.

Ryle has 75+ Freshmen this year. I had expected many to quit by now but they are sticking with it. No one is playing both ways. I think they will be pretty good. Find out Weds when they play Cov Cath.

 

That's great. I love seeing alot of kids coming out for football. Also glad to hear that they aren't quiting. Tell them to hang in there.:ylsuper: This is how you begin to build a good program.

That is ridiculous......75 kids...ever hear of the word cut? Send a few down the road to BC.. they obviously need some help these days.

 

There will be a many disapointed parents who have to sit through many games and not see little johnny play much.

I heard they are supposed to be building a new high school in Boone County within the next year or so.....

I heard they are supposed to be building a new high school in Boone County within the next year or so.....

 

Then that makes sense.....I am all about building strong programs but in all fairness... 75 kids is a substitution nightmare for any coach.

Then that makes sense.....I am all about building strong programs but in all fairness... 75 kids is a substitution nightmare for any coach.

 

What is the difference between that and a varsity team with 75 kids?

Heard a bunch about Miles Simpson Friday night, what pee wee feeder did he play for?

What is the difference between that and a varsity team with 75 kids?

 

None really, you still have kids standing on the sidelines not getting enough reps. 11 on offense and 11 on defense. Even if you have 2 separate teams then you are at 44... you still have 31 kids standing on the sidelines doing nothing. From the standpoint of being part of the team and getting good practices.. thats one thing. However, on Friday night... nobody likes to stand around.

 

Logistically they need to build another school. Its a booming area out there and it just makes sense.

Heard a bunch about Miles Simpson Friday night, what pee wee feeder did he play for?

 

Is he related to Mr. Simpson? or maybe Nic Simpson from Highlands?

Is he related to Mr. Simpson? or maybe Nic Simpson from Highlands?

 

 

He's from the Raiders and his dad played for Newport in the early 80's ! Should be avery good player for SK in years to come !:thumb:

  • Author
Heard a bunch about Miles Simpson Friday night, what pee wee feeder did he play for?

 

Played for the Raiders, I see him doing big things for the Pioneers this season! :thumb:

We don't get many kids from the Raiders, at least that's from my past experiences, that's usually Dixie/CCH territory.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.