Dallas Cowboys draft

That's always your go to but I just don't see Elliott being a running back worthy of a top 5 pick in the NFL. But maybe he will prove me wrong.

No running back is worthy of a top 5 pick in today's NFL... Not even Adrian Peterson.. Hall of Famer? Yes

Always making it to playoffs and having a chance for a Super Bowl run? No

The way the game is played, running backs just gotta be able to pick up blitzes, catch some balls, run enough to keep a defense honest and Don't Fumble like our guy Hill did to cost us a playoff win.

Several of the RB's taken later in the draft can do all of those things.

Worst part is that RB's take a beating and Elliot is one injury away from being just another guy in the NFL... Maybe he'll be the first back in awhile to really surprise us though. We'll see.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No running back is worthy of a top 5 pick in today's NFL... Not even Adrian Peterson.. Hall of Famer? Yes Always making it to playoffs and having a chance for a Super Bowl run? No The way the game is played' date=' running backs just gotta be able to pick up blitzes, catch some balls, run enough to keep a defense honest and Don't Fumble like our guy Hill did to cost us a playoff win. Several of the RB's taken later in the draft can do all of those things. Worst part is that RB's take a beating and Elliot is one injury away from being just another guy in the NFL... Maybe he'll be the first back in awhile to really surprise us though. We'll see.[/quote']

I'm gonna laugh next year if Fournette goes high because all of the fanboys will completely support it.

I'm gonna laugh next year if Fournette goes high because all of the fanboys will completely support it.

Any team that takes a running back that high in the draft...is passing on a more-likely impactful player that will more likely last longer in the league...

That's all I'm saying...

Any team that takes a running back that high in the draft...is passing on a more-likely impactful player that will more likely last longer in the league... That's all I'm saying...

Fair enough but you're not factoring in what the team is currently built for. Demarco did pretty well a few years ago behind that massive line, now Demarco is struggling to find a team to play on.

Fair enough but you're not factoring in what the team is currently built for. Demarco did pretty well a few years ago behind that massive line, now Demarco is struggling to find a team to play on.

Totally agree... And that's my point. I don't think a rookie running back, even a great one, can do any better than Demarco did... The Cowboys need a lot more help on defense to go on a playoff run... They missed a chance to pick up a stud on defense IMO.

That said, I think Elliot will be a solid back.

Totally agree... And that's my point. I don't think a rookie running back' date=' even a great one, can do any better than Demarco did... The Cowboys need a lot more help on defense to go on a playoff run... They missed a chance to pick up a stud on defense IMO. That said, I think Elliot will be a solid back.[/quote']

I hope he is solid, I feel like we're on the same page. Ultimately, it's Jerry's hope/shortcut to get back to the big game one last time.

To me, your first pick should be someone that can start right away and play all three downs.

IMO, Zeke fits that. I see him as a Matt Forte kind of RB. 1000+ rushing and another 500+ receiving.

Did they have more pressing needs? Yes. But if I was a Dallas fan I would be OK with the pick.

The one I wouldn't like is Smith. There are folks saying he may never play again. Most speculated he would go late or not at all.

To me' date=' your first pick should be someone that can start right away and play all three downs. IMO, Zeke fits that. I see him as a Matt Forte kind of RB. 1000+ rushing and another 500+ receiving. Did they have more pressing needs? Yes. But if I was a Dallas fan I would be OK with the pick. The one I wouldn't like is Smith. There are folks saying he may never play again. Most speculated he would go late or not at all.[/quote']

I saw today that in ESPN fantasy which means absolutely nothing, that they ranked him as the #4 overall RB in fantasy, that's insane.

I saw today that in ESPN fantasy which means absolutely nothing, that they ranked him as the #4 overall RB in fantasy, that's insane.

In fantasy you're looking for guys who are going to be featured. He is going to be featured. I would guess 15-20 rushes and 5-8 targeted passes a game.

Barring injury, he should average over 100 yards from scrimmage per game.

Ezekiel Elliott | RB, Ohio State-Love it

Jaylon Smith /Notre Dame- If and it seems to be a gigantic if, he comes back the player he was, this is another love it pick.

Maliek Collins | DT, Nebraska-Much needed and big like pick.

Charles Tapper | DE, Oklahoma-Not thrilled but its not a hate it pick.

Dak Prescott | QB, Mississippi State-Don't like at all.

Anthony Brown | CB, Purdue-Could be a very good pick. I am 50-50 on this one.

Kavon Frazier | FS, Central Michigan-At this point of the draft I am alright with this. Mostly because I love seeing the MAC players making it in the league.

Darius Jackson | RB, Eastern Michigan-Love the speed.

Rico Gathers | TE, Baylor-Wasted pick hate it, even this late.

I like the Gathers pick. It was their 4th pick in the 6th round. At that point in the draft you pretty much know what you're getting. With Gathers, they can just take a risk on a basically almost worthless pick. Gathers is a swing for the fences and hope to catch lightening in a bottle like a Gates, or Graham. If he's decent with potential they can try to keep him for the practice squad to develop, if he sucks, cut him like the fate of a lot 6-7 round picks.

I'm not an OSU guy but come on did you watch Elliot play? He's a monster and wasn't run into the ground like Henry b/c of the numerous other weapons in Columbus. With their O-Line and ability to throw, it's going to be money with Elliot. He is also one of the best blocking RB's which is big when you have an older QB. Running game also keeps the defense off the field.

I'm not an OSU guy but come on did you watch Elliot play? He's a monster and wasn't run into the ground like Henry b/c of the numerous other weapons in Columbus. With their O-Line and ability to throw' date=' it's going to be money with Elliot. He is also one of the best blocking RB's which is big when you have an older QB. Running game also keeps the defense off the field.[/quote']

He wasn't used enough at OSU if anything.

I totally agree with this, he is a monster and if the line stays healthy and Elliott stays healthy he will have a monster year. I love the pick.. If you can give me a running back that will be a pro-bowler I will take it every time. They have taken corner, after corner and has got them nothing, they are hit and miss. Elliott is a beast, had 500 yards as a freshmen in the playoffs coming against a Saban defense. Dallas will make a run if healthy next year