Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Is Going On in the UK Hoops Program?

Featured Replies

^^^^^^

Due to boredom, I have read this a few times and still don't see the explained answer. No one I asked does either.

 

So I'm asking Jesse James and magic fan to explain it in simple words the exact reason he gave in article.

Plus tell me what change of culture he was talking about.

  • Replies 237
  • Views 39.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very confused about Wireman's Post #180. Is this a genuine letter to BGP readers from Wireman, Coach Mitchell, or Wireman reproducing a Mitchell letter he had access to????

I am very confused about Wireman's Post #180. Is this a genuine letter to BGP readers from Wireman, Coach Mitchell, or Wireman reproducing a Mitchell letter he had access to????

It was from Matthew Mitchell to fans.

I think he tweeted it.

  • Author

I received it as a press release from UK

I received it as a press release from UK

 

Thanks. Thought you might have been revealing your identity as Coach Mitchell, but afraid that was a rules violation to mention.

Herald has a one paragrah squib announcing that Niya Butts is returning to the UK women's staff. Formerly HC at Arizona and previos member of both Mickie Demoss and Matthew Mitchell's staffs.

No. Nothing like that.

 

I agree that bringing Elzy and Butts back should be part of the solution. I read it to mean that the culture change is that Mitchell felt what UK was doing wasn't good enough. I think he was trying to squeeze more out of the players to try to get them to beyond the Sweet 16/Elite 8 level. I think the players may have felt it was too much and they didn't have the Asst. Coaches to fall back to for support.

I agree that bringing Elzy and Butts back should be part of the solution. I read it to mean that the culture change is that Mitchell felt what UK was doing wasn't good enough. I think he was trying to squeeze more out of the players to try to get them to beyond the Sweet 16/Elite 8 level. I think the players may have felt it was too much and they didn't have the Asst. Coaches to fall back to for support.

 

Two of the three assistant coaches that were there were two of the best in America.

I agree that bringing Elzy and Butts back should be part of the solution. I read it to mean that the culture change is that Mitchell felt what UK was doing wasn't good enough. I think he was trying to squeeze more out of the players to try to get them to beyond the Sweet 16/Elite 8 level. I think the players may have felt it was too much and they didn't have the Asst. Coaches to fall back to for support.

 

Sorry, agree 100% on the potential contribution Elzy & Butts can bring back to the program. But you are way off base on the culture change. Let's just give Mitchell a mulligan. He knows the problem and has recommitted himself to the task. Past performance has earned him another chance. But, he is very fortunate to have Barnhardt committed to helping him rebuild the program.

Another departure:

 

Commit Chanin Scott has been given her release.

  • Author

The team has 6 players for 2016-17 now.

Another departure:

 

Commit Chanin Scott has been given her release.

 

Jen Smith from LHL says this is not yet confirmed.

  • Author
Jen Smith from LHL says this is not yet confirmed.

 

Sounds pretty confirmed to me.

 

@ASGR1995

Chanin Scott 6-0 PF 2016 has her release from Kentucky & is open for recruitment. Per her mother Tan Scott. Can be reached 704-649-4438

Sounds pretty confirmed to me.

 

@ASGR1995

Chanin Scott 6-0 PF 2016 has her release from Kentucky & is open for recruitment. Per her mother Tan Scott. Can be reached 704-649-4438

 

Yeah that pretty much says it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.