Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When and / or If Coach Cal leaves ...

Featured Replies

O.K., Just for fun and yes, I'm bored and haven't slept all night. ..........A few want a new coach bc according to them, Cal is terrible. Also, and much more likely ...We know from his past statements that (unless he changes his mind) Cal will eventually leave the coaching position at U.K. . I am certainly Not wanting Cal to leave but when and / or if he should decide to go ..... If You're the AD, Who is on your list of replacements that you are going after ?

This should be good ...:popcorn: :lol2:

Edited by oldrambler

  • Author

I am going on the idea that for the Wildcat head basketball coach, that $$ money is no object.

My top / short list would be as follows (and some or all may not leave but the offer has to be made , Make these turn it down )

 

1. Brad Stevens - Boston Celtics

2. Bill Self - Kansas

3. Sean Miller - Arizona

4. Greg Marshall - Wichita State

 

also - Tom Izzo - Mich. State (probably impossible)

Brad Stevens isn't leaving Boston. He's got the "UK" job of pro basketball.

 

Bill Self? Pass. Two final fours in 12 years.

 

There may be a few names on the list, but Sean Miller is the guy unless he winds up at UNC or Duke first.

I am going on the idea that for the Wildcat head basketball coach, that $$ money is no object.

My top / short list would be as follows (and some or all may not leave but the offer has to be made , Make these turn it down )

 

1. Brad Stevens - Boston Celtics

2. Bill Self - Kansas

3. Sean Miller - Arizona

4. Greg Marshall - Wichita State

also - Tom Izzo - Mich. State (probably impossible)

 

^HIM

^HIM

 

I personally think that's why he took the money last year at W State and didn't restart his coaching career someone else in hopes of a UK Vacancy very soon. Wasn't he on Bama's short list last year. Certainly Bama could match what W State was offering.

  • Author
^HIM

 

Would be a good one, that's for sure.

  • Author

I completely forgot about Billy Donovan, probably wouldn't leave OKC like B. Stevens ... you have to ask.

Not Jay Wright. If they could get Donovan, that's who I'd like to see.

I got a feeling that the next UK Coach will be someone that hasn't been named in this thread so far.

It'll be 4 years, so probably whoever the hot name on the market is at that time. I don't see Self or anyone else at a powerhouse program moving (with the exception of Miller), but I don't know if Miller is the guy either. The next Brad Stevens could be making his mark in the next couple of years. I do like Greg Marshall for now though.

Phil Jackson or Pat Riley. I know that won't happen but you said this was just for fun! A more likely option would be coach K. :sssh:

What's the name of the coach at So. Cal-----Enright......or something like that? He came from Florida Gulf Coast and if memory serves, he put together a pretty good season for the Trojans. I'm not sying he is UK material right now but in a few years he might be. Just have to see how it plays out.

If Johnny Jones and Mark Gottfried say no, I give Tom Crean a blank check.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.