UK Football Recruiting Class of 2017

Clyde

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only positive about this is that it show's that Stoops and his staff are doing a good job of evaluating talent. Unfortunately they are becoming an evaluating service for the big schools that they are recruiting against. Hopefully that changes in the near future and they can hang on some of these diamonds in the rough that they seem to be finding early and often.

The only positive about this is that it show's that Stoops and his staff are doing a good job of evaluating talent. Unfortunately they are becoming an evaluating service for the big schools that they are recruiting against. Hopefully that changes in the near future and they can hang on some of these diamonds in the rough that they seem to be finding early and often.

But they fired the guy who found Jones after one season.

Can you blame them? Also is he really the one that found him? How do you know that?

Dawson found him at a camp very early on. Most of the big Stoops finds are from Marrow and OH like maybe a Conrad if he blows up like some think. Mac Jones was a true diamond in the rough. Recruiting will be fine regardless, coaching has to step up if you ask me.

Dawson found him at a camp very early on. Most of the big Stoops finds are from Marrow and OH like maybe a Conrad if he blows up like some think. Mac Jones was a true diamond in the rough. Recruiting will be fine regardless, coaching has to step up if you ask me.

This.

They've proved they can recruit. We're still young, but we have more talent than I can remember.

Now they have to prove they can coach.

Seems clear that the hope and immediate playing time message is wearing thin. Eventually you have to prove it on the field. Stoops and company haven't done that. When you have multiple de-commitments from your most high profile recruits, it's alarming. When one of them is the son of one of your best players, that should set off alarm bells. Either Stoops win this coming season or the recruiting woes will get much worse. That will make the on field product worse. That will make recruiting worse. Downward spiral.

True but a UK legacy who's been committed for quite sometime.

Makes it a good story but he's just a commit that changed his mind.

I'd be more concerned had Jed already committed and then changed his mind.

Makes it a good story but he's just a commit that changed his mind. I'd be more concerned had Jed already committed and then changed his mind.

6-7 guys changing their minds not even giving UK the chance to make a bowl is concerning to me. But maybe I'm in the minority.

6-7 guys changing their minds not even giving UK the chance to make a bowl is concerning to me. But maybe I'm in the minority.

As a UK fan it is alarming to me. As I've said before, Stoops is great at finding talent and getting 4* guys to commit. But, holding onto them and getting pen to paper is a different story.

But when you're UK and you're up against other major programs for recruits you are going to lose 95% of the time. We should be lucky hes brought in the classes he has been able to since he has been here.

As some have said, MUST get it done on the field this year.