UK Football Recruiting Class of 2017

Clyde

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the de commitments begin. Stoops is excellent at nabbing some big time talent, but so far cannot hold the big boys off on swooping in and taking it (which is going to happen when you're UK). Hopefully Jones, Yeast, Warren and some of the other high profile ones stick.

And the de commitments begin. Stoops is excellent at nabbing some big time talent, but so far cannot hold the big boys off on swooping in and taking it (which is going to happen when you're UK). Hopefully Jones, Yeast, Warren and some of the other high profile ones stick.

How many has he lost?

How many has he lost?

Quite a few the year before last, most of his four star talent and top recruits. You had the Dowell twins, Montrell Custis, Jeremiah Dinson, Darius Fullwood and Jason Strowbridge. Then you also had the Riley kid that went to Georgia and the receiver Stump and Davon Hamilton who went to OSU. All big time talents who could have helped this team tremendously, especially Hamilton, Custis, Dinson, Fullwood and Stump.

Last year you had the Kobe Smith kid who flipped, but only a few others (last year stayed together pretty good due to in state talent and the Ohio kids holding it together)

Then already this year you have Hudson, and then the Reeves kid a couple of months back. The Eskridge kid who committed way too soon to begin with, then I'm wanting to say there were a couple of others.

I mean I know it happens in big boy football, but have to wonder what this team would look like if they all would have made it to campus. No fault of Stoops, he did a good job to get their commitment in the first place.

Mike Warren has decommited.

Ouch, there's another. Fortunately I think they are going to be okay at the running back position. They have Snell and Rose in this years class and I think they will both be solid players when given their opportunity. That should take the sting off losing a talented back in next years class, but 2018 is now a priority.

Do you think the 5 star Lexington ol Wills is coming?

The pundits say it's between UK & Notre Dame. If he chooses Notre Dame I'd be disappointed, but I'd understand.

I hope the draws of UK (including high school teammates Landon Young & Walker Wood) will be enough to keep him here.