Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cuba

Featured Replies

Anyone listen to Dan LeBatard on Mike and Mike this morning or yesterday on his show?

 

No, but I heard him on another ESPN radio show (that I don't know the name of) last night. He was not very happy about the situation to say the least.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

This is a false comparison used by people to justify a poor decision by our president.

 

I see it on social media what about China , Russia , or Saudia Arabia. Let's all be grownups and understand we have vested interests to talk with those countries either do to being world powers or for resources.

 

Not to mention China as evil as it is actually has a growing middle class and private enterprise economy.

 

China manipulates the market , currency and I don't trust them in the slightest. But a strategy for China doesn't translate to Cuba.

 

Cuba is a dictatorship with next to zero private enterprise. They want to tax all income from new jobs 90 % . So when all these Americans visit Cuba and feel good about themselves. Relaize your putting money in Castro's hands.

 

I'm not justifying it by any means, I am simply looking for clarification. I don't agree with this move, I just want people to not throw out a moral high ground when we don't use it in other situations.

  • Author
I'm not justifying it by any means, I am simply looking for clarification. I don't agree with this move, I just want people to not throw out a moral high ground when we don't use it in other situations.

 

But there is no apple to apple comparison. Cuba is our neighbor , China is not. China is a world power , Cuba is not. China has a growing middle class and private enterprise , Cuba does not.

 

Again I think China is evil and corrupt. But their obvious justifications for our relations.

 

Cuba stole a Billion American dollars and shutdown American corporations. Now that it's all ran out and no one else to turn to they come back with a hand out. It's insane to do this while the same people are in charge.

 

Release every political prisoner , give us back all the American criminals hiding there , give us our money back , hold free elections , allow private enterprise , allow people to keep and earn an honest wage. These are all things we can agree we want from Cuba and we didn't get a single one before Obama set foot on their soil.

Anyone listen to Dan LeBatard on Mike and Mike this morning or yesterday on his show?

I did. Also listened to his show yesterday. His interview on mike and mike was more of a summary of yesterday which was very good.

I guess I'm fine with the visit, just not the celebratory nature of it all.

 

Now if Castro wants to visit, that definitely feels wrong.

Before Watergate Nixon was going to be most remembered historically for going to China and opening relations with China.

 

Cuba is President Obama's, China. It will be his legacy that he reopened relations with Cuba...that's what this was all about.

Deep down I feel this has little to do with US wanting relations with Cuba or Cuba wanting relations with the US. After all this time it's almost like why now? Like what does the US have to gain by this? Cigars?

 

In the early 2000's there was only a handful of countries who did not belong to the Rothschild family Central Banking system, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Cuba, Sudan and North Korea.

 

Now there are only three, Cuba, North Korea, and Iran. Hmmmm.

 

People may wonder what our purpose was in Libya and the Middle East (to eradicate evil dictators I'm sure). However, its very ironic and coincidental that after US invasion Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya are now under the Rothschild banking system. Not to mention the amounts of poppy, oil, and antiquities the US and allies were able to pull out of these countries during occupation.

 

 

Now all of sudden we are forming "diplomatic relations" with Iran and Cuba? May be a different approach but still the same end goal IMO.

Shoot--I checked out this thread thinking it was announcing the pending opening of the Obamaland resort; and I was thinking of giving it a try in the sense of international relations?? :depressed:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.