Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cuba

Featured Replies

I've been against this move by the Adminstration from the start. But now that Obama is there and giving legitimacy to this corrupt and vile regime. I feel it is his moral obligation to call them out on their soil for their crimes and continued poor treatment of citizens. So I'm holding out hope Obama does this and I will applaud it.

 

Also with dozens of international reporters on hand Cuba authorities arrested 50 protestors , the group is called women in white, just minutes before Obama's arrival. Rumors also spreading that Cuban regime has put all dissenters who were suppose to meet with Obama on Tuesday on house arrest.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Check out @SportsCenter's Tweet: Twitter / ?

 

After the ESPN love fest of Cuba all morning on Sportscenter, some moron sends this tweet out.

Fidel and Raul ditched Obama on the tarmac in Cuba. No one showed to greet the first President to visit the island in 88 years. Once again, Obama is the Rodney Dangerfield of world politics.

We should have took Cuba in the 60s. If JFK had any guts we could have had them and not have to worry about this.

Cuba needs relations with the US much more than the US needs relations with Cuba. I'm not sure what the US gains out of this deal. I have no problem having an embassy and diplomatic relations with Cuba, but for some reason I think we can expect to see a lot of foriegn aid start to go down there. To what end I have no idea.

 

If I'm the GOP candidates I jump all over this...nearly every Cuban/American in Florida is against this trip and the President opening relations with Cuba. I would drive that point home with Cuban voters in Florida every day.

Cuba needs relations with the US much more than the US needs relations with Cuba. I'm not sure what the US gains out of this deal. I have no problem having an embassy and diplomatic relations with Cuba, but for some reason I think we can expect to see a lot of foriegn aid start to go down there. To what end I have no idea.

 

If I'm the GOP candidates I jump all over this...nearly every Cuban/American in Florida is against this trip and the President opening relations with Cuba. I would drive that point home with Cuban voters in Florida every day.

 

Yeah I don't get it either but admit I haven't followed the story.

 

If we change our relationship with Cuba, what's in it for us? And what's in it for the oppressed in Cuba?

We should have took Cuba in the 60s. If JFK had any guts we could have had them and not have to worry about this.

 

Or we could all have a nice glow to ourselves and living out the movie Mad Max rather than viewing it on the screen.

Cuba needs relations with the US much more than the US needs relations with Cuba. I'm not sure what the US gains out of this deal. I have no problem having an embassy and diplomatic relations with Cuba, but for some reason I think we can expect to see a lot of foriegn aid start to go down there. To what end I have no idea.

 

If I'm the GOP candidates I jump all over this...nearly every Cuban/American in Florida is against this trip and the President opening relations with Cuba. I would drive that point home with Cuban voters in Florida every day.

 

That thinking has changed over the years and it's especially true among younger Cuban-Americans.

  • Author
That thinking has changed over the years and it's especially true among younger Cuban-Americans.

 

The Cuban Americans who are two generations removed from the brutality or have no real connection to the island. A large majority of those from the island or one generation removed are not for this.

We should have took Cuba in the 60s. If JFK had any guts we could have had them and not have to worry about this.

 

Yep, definitely. There's no possible way that could have escalated at all. Nope no way whatsoever.

Cuba is likely about to explode with tourism/hotels etc coming from Americans. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, it could be good, but it could also turn out really bad. In the grand scheme of things and as others have mentioned, this will work out better for Cuba than America, but I'm okay with that as long as we don't start giving them a ton of money for foreign aid, etc.

Cuba is likely about to explode with tourism/hotels etc coming from Americans. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, it could be good, but it could also turn out really bad. In the grand scheme of things and as others have mentioned, this will work out better for Cuba than America, but I'm okay with that as long as we don't start giving them a ton of money for foreign aid, etc.

 

A number of American companies will make a fortune. In the end, it should be a win/win. And it's entirely possible that American influence now will lay the groundwork for a better future for Cuban citizens.

Oh, American companies will flock there if they open this up simply for the cheap labor. But as long as the Castros are in control, I don't see "laying the groundwork for a better future for Cuban citizens" at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.