Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Contested Convention

Featured Replies

Will the GOP establishment push Trump aside if he falls short of delegates.

 

Let's say Trump comes to Cleveland with 1000+. Does the old establishment have the marbles to take the nomination away from Trump?

Yes. I'm thinking that McConnell and his establishment cronies are going to play hardball with Trump at the convention -- full-contact politics on display in Cleveland. It's going to be must-see TV. That's why Kasich is staying in the race even though he needs 106% of remaining delegates. He thinks he will be "the chosen one," like Lincoln in 1860.

I think it will be intresting to see what happens if GOP does this and if some og Trump people don't show up.

 

Also interesting because of polls showing 30% of Bernie people won't show up for Hillary.

  • Author
Yes. I'm thinking that McConnell and his establishment cronies are going to play hardball with Trump at the convention -- full-contact politics on display in Cleveland. It's going to be must-see TV. That's why Kasich is staying in the race even though he needs 106% of remaining delegates. He thinks he will be "the chosen one," like Lincoln in 1860.

 

If they do this, I'm predicting the next president will come from a third party candidate.

 

I also agree, the TV ratings will be there the roof. If they try this on live tv, oooo my.

If they do this, I'm predicting the next president will come from a third party candidate.

 

I also agree, the TV ratings will be there the roof. If they try this on live tv, oooo my.

One of the analysts on CNN tonight said the GOP "establishment" can change convention rules anytime, anyhow. If I were Trump, I would go out tomorrow and hire a team of experts on parliamentary procedure, because he's going to need 'em front and center at the Cleveland convention.

 

I'm not sure a third-party candidate could win. My gut tells me no. But who the heck knows anymore. I'd like to see some polling on a three-way race between, say, Kasich or Cruz vs. Hillary vs. an independent Trump run.

Either way we are on the path to must see TV, anarchy, Revolution, corruption, reform....This election cycle is gonna suck and be awesome at the same time.

 

#GaryJohnson2016

Either way we are on the path to must see TV, anarchy, Revolution, corruption, reform....This election cycle is gonna suck and be awesome at the same time.

 

#GaryJohnson2016

 

It will outdo the 1968 Democratic Convention.

  • Author
One of the analysts on CNN tonight said the GOP "establishment" can change convention rules anytime, anyhow. If I were Trump, I would go out tomorrow and hire a team of experts on parliamentary procedure, because he's going to need 'em front and center at the Cleveland convention.

 

I'm not sure a third-party candidate could win. My gut tells me no. But who the heck knows anymore. I'd like to see some polling on a three-way race between, say, Kasich or Cruz vs. Hillary vs. an independent Trump run.

 

I'm actually talking about 4/5 years from now.

 

There is polling numbers showing blue-collar democratic voters crossing over to vote for Trump. If you add those into his base, then throw voters from both sides who watch the establishment screw Trump out of nomination, that could be a lot of people.

 

I'm not saying the third party guy would be trump. But I think the door is opened for a legit 3rd party group/candidate.

America...where the most popular candidate loses again.

Contested Republican convention = a Hillary Clinton presidency.

 

Establishment may even want that. Not because they like her politics, but they get to:

1. play hardball showing future candidates "you need us more than we need you."

B. see Big Donald leave the political landscape forever.

3. punt, regroup and to stop a Clinton second term, and be rid of the Clintons forever.

f. Possibly be rid of Ted Cruz. I know he is a young man, but with a solidified establishment Lying Ted will get Jeb Bush numbers in a future election.

 

I just don't see the Republicans lining up behind any of the candidates. Kasich would be the one all could follow, but by the time they get everything snookered around so many will be so angry they may "riot" as Big Donald said or they more than likely just won't show up.

  • Author

Hellcats,

All good points, and I could see the establishment using this reasoning as they move forward.

 

They know they can't control Trump.

It's going to happen.

 

The GOP establishment hates Trump so much they'd rather see Hilary win the White House and save their majority in Congress than have Trump win.

Looking beyond this election, establishment Repubs also greatly fear future primary challenges from both the conservative Cruz and populist Trump wings of the GOP. Given the fact that Cruz and Trump combined are reeling in 2/3 to 3/4 of the primary vote in a lot of states, one has to wonder about the viability of McConnell-style Republicanism. Is Mitch a dinosaur? Will Republicans continue to stomach his "just say no" obstructionism after the Cleveland convention -- a strategy that helped create the Trump movement?

It's going to happen.

 

The GOP establishment hates Trump so much they'd rather see Hilary win the White House and save their majority in Congress than have Trump win.

 

Thats very true. But a better question is will the vote who is mad run the congressmen out and replace with their own candidate. This is coming.

  • Author

Love or hate Trump, the political landscape is changing and that can't be a bad thing no matter who you support.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.