March 16, 201610 yr Author WSU proved to things in this blowout. 1.- That Vandy stole a bid that should have went to another team and 2.- That WSU shouldn't have been in this play in round, they're a very good basketball team with a great coach as well as the imo #2 PG in the country in F. VanFleet. WSU played lock down defense, embarrassed K. Stallings and Vandy.
March 16, 201610 yr Wichita State is now 22-3 this season in games in which its entire lineup is healthy and available to play.
March 16, 201610 yr Wichita is up to No. 9 in Ken Pomeroy's ratings. It'll be 9 vs. 16... in the first round. The late block of games Thursday night has the potential to be fantastic.
March 16, 201610 yr I was there and the atmosphere was great. Really a pretty good game until the last 7 minutes or so. One team's 3's were gonna start falling and WSU's did. Pretty sloppy game I thought. Help me understand how a team can have a 7 footer and nearly another and don't jam it inside to them all night. I will never understand it.
March 16, 201610 yr Wichita is up to No. 9 in Ken Pomeroy's ratings. Everyone lavishes praise on Virginia's defense, and rightfully so, but people lose sight that the Shockers' defense is markedly better than theirs per 100 possessions.
March 16, 201610 yr ...and then there were two..... I wonder when was the last time the SEC didn't have any teams left by the end of the first weekend?
March 16, 201610 yr I wonder when was the last time the SEC didn't have any teams left by the end of the first weekend? Heck, they only have two left and the tourney hasn't really started yet. :bunny:
March 16, 201610 yr Everyone lavishes praise on Virginia's defense, and rightfully so, but people lose sight that the Shockers' defense is markedly better than theirs per 100 possessions. Virginia gets extra points from folks because of their pace helping keep scoring low in their games.
March 16, 201610 yr Heck, they only have two left and the tourney hasn't really started yet. :bunny: I know the SEC is bad, but you seem giddy about the possibility. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.