Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wichita State 70 Vanderbilt 50

Featured Replies

They have had a ton of quality teams at the top, heck, Florida won back-to-back National Titles. Not the issue. I get that it is a football-centric conference (under-statement), but the lack of depth in that league year-to-year is funny. They also (minus UK, again) don't schedule very well as a league, and, of course, their overall hoops attendance (again, minus UK) as a percentage of capacity is low. As a hoops-first guy, I've always thought they could and should do better. Mike Slive LOVED college hoops, and I mean LOVED it, but still, under his watch, the rising tide didn't lift all ships.

 

I don't disagree at all. But when the SEC has been top heavy they have produced some great results.

 

2014: 2 teams in Final Four

2012: UK in Final Four and Florida and miracle comeback by UL from the Final Four

2010: UK and TN in the Final 8.

1996: UK Champ, Miss State in Final Four, Georgia a late second three by Wallace from making the Final Four as well.

 

But the SEC is easily behind the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 in depth of league. :thumb:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MentschTrachtGottLacht , think the SEC hiring the guy who helped make the real Big East so strong will help?

 

Edit: Don't know why I can't tag you, I copy and pasted your name.

Wichita may make a run. Great guards with 4 years experience.

Wichita may make a run. Great guards with 4 years experience.

 

They really could. Helps that they won't encounter a legit title contender until the Elite Eight.

They really could. Helps that they won't encounter a legit title contender until the Elite Eight.

 

I have Arizona going to the elite 8 in my bracket. However I very easily could see Wichita State beating them and being the team that makes that run to the elite 8.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.