Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Jones to sign with Detroit Lions

Featured Replies

With the Browns probably losing Benjamin and them not doing a full court press on Jones with Hue there, says a whole lot!

 

He probably knows Jones worth more than anyone going after him. Because he won't pay the price, again says a lot.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the Browns probably losing Benjamin and them not doing a full court press on Jones with Hue there, says a whole lot!

 

He probably knows Jones worth more than anyone going after him. Because he won't pay the price, again says a lot.

 

How do you know what the Browns offered? Was that reported? I really don't know I'm just asking?

 

If both the Browns and Lions offered the same. Then Jones made the right decision. With Detroit he knows they are a passing offense, in a dome, and have a QB. While the Browns don't have a QB and most likely will use a rookie qb they draft. So the Lion's give him the best chance to get paid and to try to a number one receiver and get high numbers and possibly pro bowl like he wants.

The first step in an interesting off-season for the Bengals. They've done a great job of maintaining their internal talent, just hope they can keep it up. Not overpaying for a WR2 is a good start.

I was pretty sure all along they were going to lose both Jones and Sanu. They both will probably get a little more than the Bengals think they are worth. The Bengals are going to have to keep Eifert and that will cost big $$$$. They also have to do something with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick next year.

 

They will be challenged early offensively, but I am not overly concerned with this. I believe in Tobin.

 

I said from the very beginning if the price Jones was first reported wanting of 7 million a year was right that the Bengals should and probably would do that. Which I bet they did offer that. However as I said what I was afraid of what that his price would go up and that did happen. Not to mention how Jones was wanting a chance to be the guy.

 

I would bet the Browns also offered similar numbers but the Lion's give him best chance to get paid and also to put up big numbers like he thinks he will do.

How do you know what the Browns offered? Was that reported? I really don't know I'm just asking?

 

If both the Browns and Lions offered the same. Then Jones made the right decision. With Detroit he knows they are a passing offense, in a dome, and have a QB. While the Browns don't have a QB and most likely will use a rookie qb they draft. So the Lion's give him the best chance to get paid and to try to a number one receiver and get high numbers and possibly pro bowl like he wants.

 

We won't know what they offered, but we know they didn't think he was worth 8M and neither did the Bengals. I think the verdict is still out on whether he is a #1. He isn't being paid like one.

We won't know what they offered, but we know they didn't think he was worth 8M and neither did the Bengals. I think the verdict is still out on whether he is a #1. He isn't being paid like one.

 

Once again how do you know the Browns didn't offer 8 million a year too? As i said if both the Browns and Lions offered the same then the Lion's were the smart pick. Playing half the games in a dome and have a QB. Which in Cleveland he would have had a rookie throwing to him.

 

I would be willing to bet the Browns did offer the same as the Lion's or very close to it.

I think 8per is too much for that guy. Just my opinion.

We won't know what they offered, but we know they didn't think he was worth 8M and neither did the Bengals. I think the verdict is still out on whether he is a #1. He isn't being paid like one.

 

As for the Bengals I also bet the bengals did get to the 7 million a year offer but with Green already getting top money and Eifert contract coming up they couldn't do much more than that.

 

I wish we did know the offers out there. Because as of right now I can't prove they did and you can't prove they didn't. Which stinks lol.

I'm not overly concerned about losing the two WRs. I do like Sanu as a #3, but Jones never overly impressed me (not physical enough).

 

My concern is losing both safeties. Williams can replace one, but not both, hope they keep Iloka. Talent wise, losing PacMan would also be a huge blow, if 3 or the 4 are to leave. I have heard from a good source that PacMan really wants to stay in Cincy, but the almighty $$ wins out in 99% of these cases.

Michael Silver (analyst NFL Network) tweeted that he's being told the Browns didn't even go after Jones.

 

That is different from reports that said they were targeting him. However they could have changed their mind. That is why I wish we could see offers teams made or if teams even made offers lol.

Michael Silver (analyst NFL Network) tweeted that he's being told the Browns didn't even go after Jones.

 

Silver and Hue are connected at the hip. That says a lot about Jones.

I'm not overly concerned about losing the two WRs. I do like Sanu as a #3, but Jones never overly impressed me (not physical enough).

 

My concern is losing both safeties. Williams can replace one, but not both, hope they keep Iloka. Talent wise, losing PacMan would also be a huge blow, if 3 or the 4 are to leave. I have heard from a good source that PacMan really wants to stay in Cincy, but the almighty $$ wins out in 99% of these cases.

 

100% agree about both safeties. I think they get Nelson back. But they will not overpay. big hurt if they lose both. A position hard to find. Just ask the Steelers and Ravens. They are still hunting for quality there. Of course, you ain't replacing Troy and Ed easily, probably not at all.

I'm not overly concerned about losing the two WRs. I do like Sanu as a #3, but Jones never overly impressed me (not physical enough).

 

My concern is losing both safeties. Williams can replace one, but not both, hope they keep Iloka. Talent wise, losing PacMan would also be a huge blow, if 3 or the 4 are to leave. I have heard from a good source that PacMan really wants to stay in Cincy, but the almighty $$ wins out in 99% of these cases.

Iloka already resigned for 5 years.

Iloka already resigned for 5 years.

 

Yep just saw it after my last post. I see I chose the wrong one they would sign. Which again proves I know very little.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.