Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick the UK backcourt

Which UK backcourt? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Which UK backcourt?

    • John Wall/Eric Bledsoe
      50%
    • Brandon Knight/Doron Lamb
      3%
    • Tyler Ulis/Jamal Murray
      46%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Heard this discussion on KSR the other day and figured I'd throw it out to BGP.

 

Which UK backcourt would you prefer? They key part of that question being "UK." Pretend these guys didn't do anything after their UK careers.

 

John Wall/Eric Bledsoe

Brandon Knight/Doron Lamb

Tyler Ulis/Jamal Murray

Give me John Wall and Eric Bledsoe. Would love to have a combination of them if possible haha!

  • Author

I'm still thinking, but I really believe Brandon Knight is one of the more underrated UK players in the Calipari era. And honestly, Doron Lamb too. People forget that he's the all-time leader at UK for 3-point percentage (47.52%), and was also named to the 2012 All Final Four Team.

For purposes of this thread, and the college game...Ulis and Murray.

 

Murray is better than Bledsoe or Lamb in college and Ulis is a better PG (not basketball player) than Knight or Wall.

Wall is the most Dynamic of the group and has developed into an All- Star NBA PG

Bledsoe was kinda like Briscoe but with a shot

Knight was just a winner, simple as that...kid was as clutch as any recently at UK

Lamb best pure shooter from range of the group

Murray best all around scorer

Ulis while not the same player as Wall, he does the same things in a different and in some cases better way.

 

All of that said I'll take Ulis and Murray as of right now over the others at this stage in college.

Heard this discussion on KSR the other day and figured I'd throw it out to BGP.

 

Which UK backcourt would you prefer? They key part of that question being "UK." Pretend these guys didn't do anything after their UK careers.

 

John Wall/Eric Bledsoe

Brandon Knight/Doron Lamb

Tyler Ulis/Jamal Murray

 

I love Knight and I love that team more than the John Wall team because they got us over the elite 8 hump and I have always enjoyed watching guys who are athletic and can shoot more.

 

With that said I think people forget that Lamb didnt even start that year with Knight so I can't pick that group.

 

If I had to pick it would be Ullis and Murray. Their game was much better suited for the college game. In fact if you switch the two I think with Ullis and Murray they win it all in 2010. If you put Wall and Bledsoe on this team, I think this team is not as good as they are currently.

The real shame is that we didn't get to see how good Devin Booker could have truly been. Replace Murray with Booker this year and I think everyone would be raving about the duo even more than Ulis/Murray.

Murray is really coming on. Last 5 games...

 

26.8 PPG

4.6 RPG

53% from 3

The real shame is that we didn't get to see how good Devin Booker could have truly been. Replace Murray with Booker this year and I think everyone would be raving about the duo even more than Ulis/Murray.

 

Booker no doubt would light it up too. However I think Murray is probably a better finisher when driving than Booker. Plus it would have been interesting how well Booker still shot playing 35 to 40 minute a game having to play defense and constant running on offense off screens like Murray does. With no low post scoring teams focus on our guards and Booker would have had to run non stop like Murray to get open too.

I wonder if Booker stayed if Cal still goes all out to get Murray. Would have loved to have all three starting and Briscoe coming off the bench to provide energy.

I wonder if Booker stayed if Cal still goes all out to get Murray. Would have loved to have all three starting and Briscoe coming off the bench to provide energy.

 

I bet he doesn't, but how knows. Would have been so nasty.

The real shame is that we didn't get to see how good Devin Booker could have truly been. Replace Murray with Booker this year and I think everyone would be raving about the duo even more than Ulis/Murray.

 

Had Booker returned I think he probably would've been the odds on favorite to win the Wooden Award.

Guys, you remember Lamb came off the bench in Knight's only season? He played a lot of minutes, but Liggins started at the off guard position most games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.