Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 80 Tennessee 70

Featured Replies

If they win out, they are a 1-2 seed. No question.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say they win out - what is their seed ceiling?

 

A #3 seed is where I think they most likely end up, if they keep playing well. Drop 2 or 3 more between now and Selection Sunday, and they are back on that 4/5 area.

Depends on what others do, but I'd guess #2 seed and going through Louisville.

 

I was thinking about that today. It would be interesting if they put UK in the Louisville region if they are a 2 seed. It doesn't exactly seem right to the 1 seed to put UK as the 2 seed and that to play in the 2 seeds back yard basically.

Thanks for the replies. I honestly don't get the seeding thing.

 

I was thinking 2 but I don't see why they couldn't be a 1 if they win out especially if the top keeps losing the way they are. 3 of their last 5 are against RPI top 50.

 

Currently Iowa is a 2 after their loss to Penn State.

Record 20-6

SOS - 35

RPI - 15

Wins v. RPI top 50 - 4

 

UK

20-6

SOS - 34

RPI - 10

Wins v. RPI top 50 - 5

Thanks for the replies. I honestly don't get the seeding thing.

 

I was thinking 2 but I don't see why they couldn't be a 1 if they win out especially if the top keeps losing the way they are. 3 of their last 5 are against RPI top 50.

 

Currently Iowa is a 2 after their loss to Penn State.

Record 20-6

SOS - 35

RPI - 15

Wins v. RPI top 50 - 4

 

UK

20-6

SOS - 34

RPI - 10

Wins v. RPI top 50 - 5

 

Iowa is incredibly overrated.

 

I think Kentucky being in the SEC, and Iowa being in the Big Ten is the major factor there. Big Ten, rightly or wrongly, is viewed much more favorably than the SEC in hoops.

Iowa is incredibly overrated.

 

I think Kentucky being in the SEC, and Iowa being in the Big Ten is the major factor there. Big Ten, rightly or wrongly, is viewed much more favorably than the SEC in hoops.

 

Couldn't agree more.

I was thinking about that today. It would be interesting if they put UK in the Louisville region if they are a 2 seed. It doesn't exactly seem right to the 1 seed to put UK as the 2 seed and that to play in the 2 seeds back yard basically.

 

I might be wrong, but don't they do it for Duke & North Carolina quite often when they are the 2 seed?

Iowa is incredibly overrated.

 

I think Kentucky being in the SEC, and Iowa being in the Big Ten is the major factor there. Big Ten, rightly or wrongly, is viewed much more favorably than the SEC in hoops.

Rightly.

Rightly.

 

I haven't seen Iowa play at all this year. Who would you favor in a UK/Iowa match up in the NCAA Tournament?

I haven't seen Iowa play at all this year. Who would you favor in a UK/Iowa match up in the NCAA Tournament?

 

Kentucky by 8

I haven't seen Iowa play at all this year. Who would you favor in a UK/Iowa match up in the NCAA Tournament?

Would be an interesting matchup, Iowa definitely could hurt UK up front. Keep in mind, I'm of the belief that Iowa is the 3rd best B10 team, with Maryland and Michigan St being better. UK probably wins, but it would be a great 2 / 3 match-up in the Sweet 16.

I might be wrong, but don't they do it for Duke & North Carolina quite often when they are the 2 seed?

 

I don't think they do. Duke and North Caroline always basically play in their own state for the first two rounds no matter what. However when they are not the one seed, I don't believe they are in a region that would play the regional finals in their own state.

 

I hope I am completley wrong and UK is in the Louisville bracket. I love going to Louisville for the NCAA tournament when UK is playing down there.

Looking at UK's roster who are these guys? I am sure they could find 5 kids in Kentucky that are better?

 

E.J. Floreal

Tai Wynyard

Mychal Mulder

Jonny David

Charles Matthews

Looking at UK's roster who are these guys? I am sure they could find 5 kids in Kentucky that are better?

 

E.J. Floreal

Tai Wynyard

Mychal Mulder

Jonny David

Charles Matthews

 

Am I missing something, or are you actually questioning John Calipari's recruiting?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.