Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Coaches Banning Players From Twitter

Featured Replies

I just want the truth, and the truth is the KHSAA is authorized, supervised, and ultimately controlled by the Government.

 

 

This is all correct.

 

And just because a sub-contractor is supervised by a higher authority, the voluntary workers in that company do not work for the higher authority. Clear legal precedent. KHSAA is a private company. It says so, very clearly. I already posted on this. You are not seeing the subtleties that exist. You are seeing what you want and applying is universally. I'm sorry, but it's not that simple. But believe what you want. I respectfully depart. Bash away if you want.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your circle has a dead end in it.

 

 

Since I've been delivering legal lectures all evening, I'll divert with a math lecture.

 

A circle does not have an end, so it cannot have a "dead end." But you're probably right :rolleyes:

Okay, you're right. Feel better?

 

Believe it or not, though, some parents work with schools and like punishments. Some parents would gladly tell the school what happened and gladly reinforce and accept the punishment that the student and parent agreed to in attending the school. I'm that parent. Not all parents are like this, but some are. I know of a kid whose dad made him sit more than the handbook-mandated rules because he drank. These people exist.

 

There are some that will sue any chance they can get and try to get their kids out of consequences. I know this.

 

If the kids parents want to offer it up so be it, but if they don't then the school has to accept those results too.

 

You have your opinion and I have mine and we can leave it at.

If Urban Meyer can suspends his players for DUI, I see no reason why a high school coach should be able to as well.

 

Heck when I was in high school we had 5 players kicked off the baseball team for getting arrested for underage drinking.

No, a HS coach shouldn't punish a HS kid for a DUI. The punishment comes from his parents and court system. C'mon people this is high school sports for goodness sake. These kids are not being provided money, a college scholarship, etc.

 

I'm sure glad that you all weren't my coach or my kids coach in HS basketball.

 

I'm sure glad your coach didn't coach me or my kids.

I'm sure glad your coach didn't coach me or my kids.

 

I agree.

 

According to his post, players can do what ever they want as long as it is not on school time.

I say leave all the misconduct, banter, defamation, insubordinate, sophomoric language and actions up to us adults! Lol!

Let me say if my 17 year old got arrested for DUI his coach would be the least of his worries.

Let me say if my 17 year old got arrested for DUI his coach would be the least of his worries.

 

I agree. Shame is a lot of other parents want to blame someone else other than themselves or their kids.

It's a shame Some people think it isn't there job to raise there children,Or to instill a sense right or wrong. It's always someone else's fault.

I agree.

 

According to his post, players can do what ever they want as long as it is not on school time.

 

If you actually read them what I say is I don't want coaches or the school administration to discipline my kids outside of the school or the basketball coaches jurisdiction. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm sure glad your coach didn't coach me or my kids.

 

I'm sure Coach Flynn is happy he didn't too. ?

If you actually read them what I say is I don't want coaches or the school administration to discipline my kids outside of the school or the basketball coaches jurisdiction. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

 

So anything that happens outside of school the coach has no say?

Like I said earlier, there are clearly two camps here when it comes to parenting. One seems to be dwindling, one seems to be growing.

 

There are those who hold their kids accountable, teach them rules, and hold them to those rules. They make sure kids know right and wrong and aren't as concerned about being their friend. These parents work with schools and other adults to help instill good ethic and outlook.

 

Then there are those who want to be their kid's friend. They want to blame others when their kid does wrong. They blame teachers for failing grades and blame coaches for not playing their kid enough when they lose (or win). They teach their kid entitlement and think they're doing what's best for them, not realizing the pernicious effects down the road.

 

I'll leave it up to you to decide which camp is growing and which is dwindling... When I was a kid, things were certainly different.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.