Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Right or Wrong?

Featured Replies

In a high school basketball game, your up 10-12 pts with a couple mins left. A hard foul is called and the same player the foul was called on gets a T for "some extra emotions". The ref comes over to the coach and the coach says what is the situation. The ref replies a 2 shot foul and a technical. I need the player fouled. The coach looks at the ref and says it was this one and she will shoot the T as well. So basically the girl who was fouled hard lost her free throws and the coach slyly put his better shooter at the line to hit all 4 but she wasn't the one fouled. How the other team didn't realize it is another topic as well but most in the stands did.

 

Is that smart coaching? Bad sportsmanship? Many parents talking about it and interested to hear others opinions.

Didn't UK and Travis Ford pull this off back in the day maybe at LSU? Why not try, if the refs and the other coach didn't pick up on it...

It's really bad for the officials. You have 2 or 3 officials and no one knows who the real shooter is?

Scored a lot of points in HS doing that. No matter who was fouled I always went to the FT line to shoot.

  • Author
It's really bad for the officials. You have 2 or 3 officials and no one knows who the real shooter is?

 

Yes correct. not 1 noticed it, but when the player went down hard there was a lot of commotion and other players around them helping them up and such.

 

This isn't D1 mens, but what message does this send to 14-18 year olds

Yes correct. not 1 noticed it, but when the player went down hard there was a lot of commotion and other players around them helping them up and such.

 

This isn't D1 mens, but what message does this send to 14-18 year olds

 

How about refs are human and sometimes make mistakes?! :idunno:

  • Author
Scored a lot of points in HS doing that. No matter who was fouled I always went to the FT line to shoot.

 

I agree with that. But when a coach is asked and they flat out lie. Is there a difference. I don't know .

  • Author
How about refs are human and sometimes make mistakes?! :idunno:

 

I am not making any judgment about the refs, I agree with your comment

In a high school basketball game, your up 10-12 pts with a couple mins left. A hard foul is called and the same player the foul was called on gets a T for "some extra emotions". The ref comes over to the coach and the coach says what is the situation. The ref replies a 2 shot foul and a technical. I need the player fouled. The coach looks at the ref and says it was this one and she will shoot the T as well. So basically the girl who was fouled hard lost her free throws and the coach slyly put his better shooter at the line to hit all 4 but she wasn't the one fouled. How the other team didn't realize it is another topic as well but most in the stands did.

 

Is that smart coaching? Bad sportsmanship? Many parents talking about it and interested to hear others opinions.

 

It's sneaky, but has happened since forever. Assistant coaches need to make sure this doesn't occur. And I might ask why the referees didn't catch it as well, but I'd make sure my assistants payed close attention to that stuff.

Didn't UK and Travis Ford pull this off back in the day maybe at LSU? Why not try, if the refs and the other coach didn't pick up on it...

 

Vanderbilt. I remember because I was at the Tennessee game that they missed as a result.

I agree with that. But when a coach is asked and they flat out lie. Is there a difference. I don't know .

 

The refs shouldn't be asking the coach who was fouled. Which is essentially what they did.

I agree with that. But when a coach is asked and they flat out lie. Is there a difference. I don't know .

 

Are you sure the coach knew who should be at the line for 2 of the free throws and purposely sent the wrong person up there?

 

We are only talking about two of the four free throws because the two technicals can be shot by whoever the coach wants to send to the line

Vanderbilt. I remember because I was at the Tennessee game that they missed as a result.

 

Of course I remember the one that got away from UK in 1976. TN vs KY at Memorial. Twice Ernie Grunfeld took FT's that were meant for Bernard King and Doug Ashworth. Made all four. Cats lost by 2 in Overtime.

I agree with that. But when a coach is asked and they flat out lie. Is there a difference. I don't know .

 

Yes, this is a problem. A rule violation. Intentionally sending the wrong shooter to the line. Are we sure that this wasn't a "medical" shooter ? In other words the girl that got fouled wasn't "able" to shoot ? (Even if this was the case, it would still appear to be administered incorrectly)

 

I have to agree with @Clyde....bad day for 3 officials. No way one of them shouldn't have picked up the shooter and relayed to rest of crew.

Of course I remember the one that got away from UK in 1976. TN vs KY at Memorial. Twice Ernie Grunfeld took FT's that were meant for Bernard King and Doug Ashworth. Made all four. Cats lost by 2 in Overtime.

 

Ha, ha....Cat was probably like 5 years old during this timeframe....pretty sure she has no idea who Bernard King is...just sayin'

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.