Ashland 2016

Ram

It's nice, but that usually means in the other year of the two year cycle you've only got 3 home games.

I realize that but couldn't see their a.d. doing that, would really hurt the next season. I was wondering if they are on the end of a contact with one or two schools and their home game this season being the last (will not play next year). That deal that Raceland agrees to with them is the bad thing for us. I don't mind going to Ashland bc Raceland fans travel as well as anyone and it's a short distance. I just would love to have that home game every other season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that but couldn't see their a.d. doing that, would really hurt the next season. I was wondering if they are on the end of a contact with one or two schools and their home game this season being the last (will not play next year). That deal that Raceland agrees to with them is the bad thing for us. I don't mind going to Ashland bc Raceland fans travel as well as anyone and it's a short distance. I just would love to have that home game every other season.

It's possible you can get an extra home game or two out of mid cycle pickups. 7 home games in a year is definitely a nice deal if you can pull it off.

I'm not sure what the payout is for Raceland/Ashland game, but I imagine it's substantial. I can't recall the last time there wasn't a packed house for that game and with Raceland agreeing to come to Putnam every year I imagine Ashland gives them a pretty good split from ticket sales. I get what your saying and agree with why you would rather it be another home game every other year, but financially I imagine it's about the same as having a home game every year.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was told last weekend that Ratliff will be the starting QB this year, and they've moved Dowdy to a slot position. I've also heard that Kurtlen Brown wants to return. Can anyone confirm either one of these to be true?

I'm not sure what the payout is for Raceland/Ashland game, but I imagine it's substantial. I can't recall the last time there wasn't a packed house for that game and with Raceland agreeing to come to Putnam every year I imagine Ashland gives them a pretty good split from ticket sales. I get what your saying and agree with why you would rather it be another home game every other year, but financially I imagine it's about the same as having a home game every year.

Why doesn't Ashland play at Raceland?

Well I was told last weekend that Ratliff will be the starting QB this year, and they've moved Dowdy to a slot position. I've also heard that Kurtlen Brown wants to return. Can anyone confirm either one of these to be true?

I thought the Adkins kid was going to get the nod at QB?

The only way I would go with Ratliff at QB over Adkins is if Ratliff is leaps and bounds the better player. If the gap between them is marginal, I think you've got to go with Adkins. Ratliff is more versatile and can play RB, WR and be a shutdown corner. Adkins seems like true QB all the way. If he doesn't start, I'm not sure what else you do with him.

Why doesn't Ashland play at Raceland?

$$$

Basically it's why Raceland doesn't have any qualms about playing at Ashland every year as well. It's a win win situation for both schools. I imagine most years there are around 5k tickets sold for that game, there just simply isn't room for 5,000 people at Raceland. Speaking of Raceland, I passed by the stadium the other day and the field looks excellent, whomever is on the lawn crew certainly takes pride in their work!