Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Player of the Year

Featured Replies

I'm under the working assumption that it is Ben Weyer's award, and deservedly so. Snapp, Goetz, McClendon, Bezold all having solid senior years, but I don't think any of them can / will pass Ben for the award.

My ballot:

1. Weyer-NCC

2. Bezold- Holy Cross

3. McClendon- Holmes

4. Scott- Conner

5. Goetz- St. Henry

Edited by Cousin Sal

Weyer for me

I don't think there is any debating that it's Ben Weyer.

 

Not that I'm Nostradamus.........but see post #24 from back in November....http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/newport-central-catholic-317022.html

Why are we only listing seniors?

Why are we only listing seniors?

 

 

But it's Weyer for me.

Any consideration for CVH at CovCath?

 

Are you being serious? Weyer, Mcclendon. They are the best two players in the region regardless of class.

Are you being serious? Weyer, Mcclendon. They are the best two players in the region regardless of class.

 

If you include other classes, I am not sure McClendon makes the top 5.

Weyer is definitely the front runner for sure but I would certainly say Tyler Bezold is right on his heals. Being injured right now doesn't help him obviously but Bezold is certainly in the mix and I'm sure the rest of the season will either define who's the POY.

McClendon is on an averge team and sometimes a one man show. to say he is not in the top 5 is crazy. He plays offense, defense and rebounds. I can guarantee many lists include guys that should be on the offense only MVP list. I stand by Weyer then McClendon.

Regardless of injury Weyer is your POY.

 

With that said, I do believe it would be a closer race if Bezold and McNeil weren't hurt right now.

Weyer is definitely the front runner for sure but I would certainly say Tyler Bezold is right on his heals. Being injured right now doesn't help him obviously but Bezold is certainly in the mix and I'm sure the rest of the season will either define who's the POY.

 

Had the injury not occurred I'd say he would be a legit contender. Unfortunate. 17 and 6 shooting 44% from 3.

McClendon is on an averge team and sometimes a one man show. to say he is not in the top 5 is crazy. He plays offense, defense and rebounds. I can guarantee many lists include guys that should be on the offense only MVP list. I stand by Weyer then McClendon.

 

He's top 5 or 6 at the worst IMO.

 

Shooting % hurts him a bit but his overall game is really nice.

1) Weyer

2) McClendon

3) Scott

4) Goetz

5) Bezold*

6) CVH

7) McNeil*

8) Snapp

9) Meyer

10) Hemmerich

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.