Newport Central Catholic 70 Covington Holy Cross 52 (9th Region Class "A")

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the thread, NewCath is a team to watch in March. I think Weyer is the type of player who could lead a team to a big run at the Sweet 16. Just as Bezold could do for Holy Cross is the Tribe can get past NewCath or the other contenders in the Ninth. Will be a lot of fun in March watching some great teams in the Ninth!

NewCath continues to display how tradition breeds winning year after year. Congrats to the Breds on a great job. I apologize for these other posters getting this thread off track.

Weyer vs Williams would be a great one on one matchup next week in the finals if they both get that far. I can not wait until Holy Cross and NewCath possible meet in March, should be another great game. I am pulling for the Breds this week to win the All-A!

You do comprehend Holmes and CovCath will meet n a district elimination game, correct? One of them AND Holy Cross will be in the regional.

Using some of your sarcasm.... You do comprehend that Holy Cross will also need to win a district game in order to make it to Regionals, correct?

Using some of your sarcasm.... You do comprehend that Holy Cross will also need to win a district game in order to make it to Regionals, correct?

Yes I do. I'm sure Holy Cross will take their chances with Ludlow or Beechwood to qualify. lol. Meanwhile Holmes and CovCath will play in an elimination game. But that is for another thread.

Yes I do. I'm sure Holy Cross will take their chances with Ludlow or Beechwood to qualify. lol. Meanwhile Holmes and CovCath will play in an elimination game. But that is for another thread.

Though the odds are against Beechwood, they still have 3 regular season seeding games to play - (Holmes - Jan 26, @Covcath - Feb 5, and Holy Cross - Feb 13),

... and CovCath & Holmes still need to play each other - Jan 29th.

Having already beaten Holmes & CovCath, it's looking pretty good for Holy Cross to get the top seed, and as long as nothing unexpected happens they will, and most likely will face Beechwood in the semi's of the 35th District tourney, with CovCath likely facing Holmes in the other semi game.

Presently the 35th District standings are as follows

Holy Cross - (2-0)

Holmes - (0-1)

CovCath - (0-1)

Beechwood - (0-0)

Covington Latin - (0-0)

Covington Latin doesn't have any regular season games scheduled with any teams in the district, so they will automatically play the 4th seed in the first game of the 35th District tourney. They have in the recent past opted out of the tournament, but last year they did play in it.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

That's a real leap of faith believing that NCC could beat HC this year at full strength. I've watched 5qtr's with both teams at full strength and HC had the best team and the best all around player...

You can't be serious, you really need the rethink your post WOW!!