Newport Central Catholic 70 Covington Holy Cross 52 (9th Region Class "A")

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are very right with that comment. Campbell Cty thrives in a bad region with a ordinary bunch of players. NewCath, Holy Cross, CovCath would all roll to region title if they played in Tenth. It would not even be good competition.

Hope to see NewCath cutting down the nets next week!

.....but brossart beat holy cross. so stop

You can't be serious, you really need the rethink your post WOW!!

I agree with you about that post. NewCath is very good and has a great player in Weyer. Holy Cross is also very good with a great player in Bezold. But NewCath beat Holy Cross fair and square, and I think the Breds could win the Ninth region this March.

I thought NewCath's guard play is very good, love their ability to find the open man in traffic. The little point guard really caused Holy Cross problems last night with his passing, and he's a good one for NewCath.

Congratulations to the Breds, and good luck to them in Frankfort!

Hope they tear things up, and bring home the prize!

With that said, and taking nothing away from NewCath, and hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse...

but...

It really cannot be overstated how Bezold going down early in the 2nd quarter dramatically effected the outcome of this game, and not just "sorta".

That's not to say that HC would have won, but it most certainly would've been a different game.

It's too late now of course for "could've, should've, would've", and I wasn't rooting for either team in particular as I am a fan of both, but I was rooting for a competitive game where both teams were at full strength, and unfortunately we really didn't get a chance to see that but for one period, and then a flash of the 2nd.

Really hope that Bezold's ankle isn't too bad, and that he can quickly rebound, and finish out the season without it being an ongoing problem.

Gotta give a lot of credit to Holy Cross who continued to battle keeping it an interesting game, and keeping their hopes alive.

Of course injuries are apart of the game, but it's just disappointing that we didn't get the chance to see this one play out with both teams healthy.

Dang.

Congratulations to the Breds, and good luck to them in Frankfort!

Hope they tear things up, and bring home the prize!

With that said, and taking nothing away from NewCath, and hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse...

but...

It really cannot be overstated how Bezold going down early in the 2nd quarter dramatically effected the outcome of this game, and not just "sorta".

That's not to say that HC would have won, but it most certainly would've been a different game.

It's too late now of course for "could've, should've, would've", and I wasn't rooting for either team in particular as I am a fan of both, but I was rooting for a competitive game where both teams were at full strength, and unfortunately we really didn't get a chance to see that but for one period, and then a flash of the 2nd.

Really hope that Bezold's ankle isn't too bad, and that he can quickly rebound, and finish out the season without it being an ongoing problem.

Gotta give a lot of credit to Holy Cross who continued to battle keeping it an interesting game, and keeping their hopes alive.

Of course injuries are apart of the game, but it's just disappointing that we didn't get the chance to see this one play out with both teams healthy.

Dang.

Agree with most of what you said. Bezold going out hurt Holy Cross, but it's no different than when players get in foul trouble. You have to play through it at times. NewCath did a great job of mixing up defenses, and no one could stop Weyer. He is an awesome player.

Holy Cross did battle and made it interesting, but the better team won last night. They are a great representative for the Ninth region and hope they win it all. I also hope Weyer gets a chance to play against Owen County, I think Weyer is Mr Basketball if he can outplay Williams in that one.

I agree with you about that post. NewCath is very good and has a great player in Weyer. Holy Cross is also very good with a great player in Bezold. But NewCath beat Holy Cross fair and square' date=' and I think the Breds could win the Ninth region this March. I thought NewCath's guard play is very good, love their ability to find the open man in traffic. The little point guard really caused Holy Cross problems last night with his passing, and he's a good one for NewCath.[/quote']

Did you watch CCH v NCC?

That's a real leap of faith believing that NCC could beat HC this year at full strength. I've watched 5qtr's with both teams at full strength and HC had the best team and the best all around player...
Sorry but you are way off on this post. NCC has the best player in the region in Weyer.