Newport Central Catholic 70 Covington Holy Cross 52 (9th Region Class "A")

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations to NewCath on the victory. Weyer is a fantastic player and I am more impressed by him every time I watch NewCath.

NewCath did a great job of mixing up their defenses as the game progressed, a credit to Coach Dawn. With Bezold out, NewCath recognized the other options for Holy Cross and was very effective in taking advantage of it.

Best of luck to the Breds this week! I think Weyer is Mr. Basketball in Ky. if he can lead NewCath to the All-A title. NewCath is an outstanding team and deserves a lot of credit. It would also be a great Ninth region championship game is NewCath and Holy Cross play in March.

Awaiting the arrival of a certain poster. @Steelers Curtain where are you?

lol! You are laughable. I said this one was too close to call. NewCath was the better team and a deserving champion. Unlike Newport, which will be looking at district elimination against Highlands in a few weeks.

Hopefully you can still come to the regional and watch NewCath and Holy Cross in action since Newport will be finished by that time. Have fun with Marcus Mullins and friends! BTW, I saw Marcus did not make the all tournament team. lol!

Camelman, with your 8-11 record, you might want to rethink your Alpha male callout to the Indians. That was a little smart-aleck comment.

Just reviewed Camels record and was shocked to see you guys have only played 3 games at home. Wow! That is a recipe for punishment. You guys might be hardened by fire and ready for another tournament run.

The Tenth region is a complete laughingstock, has been since Mason County's kids quit coming out for basketball. Why the better players stopped playing is a mystery.

Campbell Cty has one pretty good player and little else. If they were in the Ninth region they would not even get to the regional. Lucky for them the KHSAA bailed them out and placed them in the Tenth with a collection of schools who at times struggle to get THEIR BEST players out for the teams. Maybe camleman can tell us why they do not participate in the Tenth. I have heard why but let us hear from camelman in another thread. lol!

Camels would get taken to the woodshed either way.

You are very right with that comment. Campbell Cty thrives in a bad region with a ordinary bunch of players. NewCath, Holy Cross, CovCath would all roll to region title if they played in Tenth. It would not even be good competition.

Hope to see NewCath cutting down the nets next week!

lol! You are laughable. I said this one was too close to call. NewCath was the better team and a deserving champion. Unlike Newport, which will be looking at district elimination against Highlands in a few weeks.

Hopefully you can still come to the regional and watch NewCath and Holy Cross in action since Newport will be finished by that time. Have fun with Marcus Mullins and friends! BTW, I saw Marcus did not make the all tournament team. lol!

You're a joke if you honestly think Highlands beats Newport in the districts. Oh, and Holmes and CCH will come out of that district. So hopefully you can watch Newport in the regionals. And what does Marcus not making the All-Tourney team have to do with me?

You're a joke if you honestly think Highlands beats Newport in the districts. Oh, and Holmes and CCH will come out of that district. So hopefully you can watch Newport in the regionals. And what does Marcus not making the All-Tourney team have to do with me?

I realize with your limited knowledge this might be hard to understand, but CovCath and Holmes will be in the same bracket in the district. Holy Cross beat both. So try again.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 2

I realize with your limited knowledge this might be hard to understand, but CovCath and Holmes will be in the same bracket in the district. Holy Cross beat both. So try again.

You're so easily offended. I lack more than you could imagine knowing. You've proven you know absolutely nothing. Carry on.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 14

I have seen Highlands and Newport. Highlands will use a patient game and beat Newport on a neutral court. The last one came down to a one point game and lots of missed chances by Highlands. Highlands, while not over talented, plays a more disciplined style and will prevail when it matters, mark it down.

Not sure why this is a bash session on the 10th region but doesn't seem like it has anything to do with this thread. Has the 9th been better representing at State the last decade? Yes they have, but that cannot be said for previous decades. Mason has had some of the best teams to ever play high school ball in the State of Kentucky. I don't think any of these schools have much of a choice in which Region they are placed in.

I have seen Highlands and Newport. Highlands will use a patient game and beat Newport on a neutral court. The last one came down to a one point game and lots of missed chances by Highlands. Highlands, while not over talented, plays a more disciplined style and will prevail when it matters, mark it down.

Your comments are laughable. I've had my fun with you. See you in the regionals.