Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How will Owen County do in the All A State

Featured Replies

I believe they will win it this year

I believe they will win it this year

 

I said the same in the game thread.

I think they will be the favorites going in. They have a dominate player in Williams and he's gonna be hard to handle for most teams.

Carson should dominate "A" competition. I've seen him dominate 6A too many times.

They will be one of the favorites, but I am not ready to give them the title just yet. They likely will have a good first round matchup against Kentucky Country Day, which does not have much size but has 2 really good players in Anthony Mathis and Colin Ferguson.

They avoid teams like Cordia or Newport Catholic or Covington Holy Cross until the finals, which is good. Like someone else said, the opener with Country Day could be tough and the second round is probably Elliott County or Morgan County. Bottom line, I think they can win but they'll have to play well for four days to get the title.

They are my pick to win it, but will have to play 4 good games to take home the title.

Looking forward to seeing Mr. Williams again this year at the All "A", he was fun to watch last year in this tourney.

 

Hope NewCath can win the 9th and make it to the finals and have a NewCath/Owen Co. Final........Williams vs. Weyer would be fun to watch.

Weyer most likely out for 2 wks with wrist injury! Will know for sure tomorrow.

Weyer most likely out for 2 wks with wrist injury!Will know for sure tomorrow.

 

The possibility of this is correct, but could be back by the weekend.

 

You might know tomorrow, I'll know in a couple of hours. :lol2:

If Weyer is out or not at full strength, then Owen is the clear favorite.

The possibility of this is correct, but could be back by the weekend.

 

You might know tomorrow, I'll know in a couple of hours. :lol2:

Good for you!!

All A should be wide open this year. From Region 2 University Heights has played a really tough schedule. Being so young, they are up and down and not very consistent but all of the players on this year's team played in the loss last year at all a state. I suspect they learned lots of lessons. They will have the best back court in Frankfort. The issue is no post presence.

If Owen wants to be thought of as a serious state title contender I think they need to win this...and they may very well do it. And I dont personally think KCD will offer much of a first round road block as some above do.

Weyer most likely out for 2 wks with wrist injury! Will know for sure tomorrow.

 

The possibility of this is correct, but could be back by the weekend.

 

You might know tomorrow, I'll know in a couple of hours. :lol2:

 

Could play tomorrow if he is up to it. My apologies for "thread-jacking".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.