Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hue Jackson to the Browns

Featured Replies

Nope, I totally disagree with that. Sure, it's what most every coordinator eventually wants, but not every coordinator that's been offered a head job has accepted either because of differing circumstances...such as a team being in absolute turmoil, like the Browns are.

 

The Browns is not as bad of a job as people think. They do have some pieces in place, plus 11 more draft picks this year. They need to get the QB situation right, and the right head coach in place. If so they can turn it around quickly IMO.

 

I hope I am wrong though, because that just makes the division even tougher.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Browns is not as bad of a job as people think. They do have some pieces in place, plus 11 more draft picks this year. They need to get the QB situation right, and the right head coach in place. If so they can turn it around quickly IMO.

 

I hope I am wrong though, because that just makes the division even tougher.

 

Yes there is some talent there, especially on the offensive line and on defense, but the ownership/management is just terrible which is why they are in the situation they find themselves.

Nope, I totally disagree with that. Sure, it's what most every coordinator eventually wants, but not every coordinator that's been offered a head job has accepted either because of differing circumstances...such as a team being in absolute turmoil, like the Browns are.

 

Just because they haven't accepted them, doesn't mean they aren't better jobs.

Just because they haven't accepted them, doesn't mean they aren't better jobs.

 

I guess to them they weren't?:idunno: Not at that time anyway. And remember, "better" is ALWAYS relative.

What round for McCarron?

 

Keep AJ, give him Andy for a 3rd

I think this may just show that Jackson either isn't very smart or is just desperate for an NFL head job. No one in their right mind would take this job, completely dysfunctional and it starts at the top, and until that changes nothing will change.

 

It's a win/win for Hue. IF he goes up there and turns it around, he's the genius they needed. If he doesn't, the blame can still be on the front office and he'll get another gig down the road.

It's a win/win for Hue. IF he goes up there and turns it around, he's the genius they needed. If he doesn't, the blame can still be on the front office and he'll get another gig down the road.

 

History refutes this comment. Of the last seven head coaches of the Browns that were fired, 6 have never been a head coach again in the NFL. The exception is Romeo Crennel who became head coach after being interim coach in Kansas City and then only lasted 1 full year as the head coach there.

Well, I was wrong. Still surprised he isn't going to wind up with the Giants, but maybe Hue knows something we don't, or maybe he looks at the Browns more of a team he can build his way, instead of constantly being compared to Tom Coughlin in NY. Thats my best guess.

As a Browns fan this is who I wanted to see them get. It might not work out but Jackson is the one I wanted.

Keep AJ, give him Andy for a 3rd

 

You would give Andy up for a 3rd round pick?

You would give Andy up for a 3rd round pick?

 

Do you really think they'd get more than that? I mean it is the Browns and they'd probably give us a 1 for Andy.

Do you really think they'd get more than that? I mean it is the Browns and they'd probably give us a 1 for Andy.

 

More than a 3rd rounder? Yes, from probably every single team in the league, with a few obvious exceptions...

History refutes this comment. Of the last seven head coaches of the Browns that were fired, 6 have never been a head coach again in the NFL. The exception is Romeo Crennel who became head coach after being interim coach in Kansas City and then only lasted 1 full year as the head coach there.

 

I think Hue gets the benefit of doubt here. He shouldn't have been fired in Oakland and most around the league know that or at least I would hope they do.

 

I personally think Hue will go up there and do pretty good if he can find a QB. The defense under-performed this year and the offense isn't horrible.

Do you really think they'd get more than that? I mean it is the Browns and they'd probably give us a 1 for Andy.

 

More than a 3rd rounder? Yes, from probably every single team in the league, with a few obvious exceptions...

 

Before this season a 3rd round pick probably would have been about right. However after this season, then no way I would trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick if I would even trade him at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.